NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Nickel Blitz Prevent (Blitz 2+) Blitzes None and Gets Called for Overuse

By setherick
1/26/2020 10:23 am
Topic. This should be fixed

Re: Nickel Blitz Prevent (Blitz 2+) Blitzes None and Gets Called for Overuse

By raymattison21
1/26/2020 12:06 pm
setherick wrote:
Topic. This should be fixed

By taking the penalty out. Infinity beat one of the best teams with two unpenalized defensive calls. The offense is taking a hit with each call but the defense isn't. Also, every big run is tied to the abuse penalty otherwise we run it for only 15 yard longs.

By Infinity on Trial
1/26/2020 5:37 pm
It would be idiotic to penalize a non-blitz defense for overuse, but to be clear, I'm only doing this to make a point about how broken the game is.

By raymattison21
1/26/2020 9:11 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
It would be idiotic to penalize a non-blitz defense for overuse, but to be clear, I'm only doing this to make a point about how broken the game is.

or the game was more broke before thats why we needed the blitz penalty in the first place. Take the abuse penalty out and open up the offense with better reads (scrambling)and or looser coverage.

a quarter of one of my qbs throws under 4.5 went in to tight double or triple coverage last game. that part still seems more broke than most other parts .If all abuse penalties were out evaluations of other things would be easier

By setherick
1/26/2020 9:26 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:

or the game was more broke before thats why we needed the blitz penalty in the first place. Take the abuse penalty out and open up the offense with better reads (scrambling)and or looser coverage.

a quarter of one of my qbs throws under 4.5 went in to tight double or triple coverage last game. that part still seems more broke than most other parts .If all abuse penalties were out evaluations of other things would be easier

Infinity is exposing the bigger problem with reads with the defense he's running. A pro QB will shred the Flat Zone defense by focusing on the TE since the TE is iso on the MLB with the safeties coming up to cover the backs out of the backfield. The TE should be getting 15 catches a game against that defense, but even if you select the plays that would iso the TE effectively, the QB won't throw it there or complete it.

By Infinity on Trial
1/27/2020 8:17 am
One of the biggest problems with current deployed code is the QB progresses from quickest (shortest) route to longest

By raymattison21
1/27/2020 11:37 am
IDK exactly when that snuck in. This is the first i have heard of it, but reads have been poor since 4.3. Perhaps it was coded that way, but hot reads function kinda like that. When hot reads happen now, as rare as they are, the passes are quick and always to the back.

If regular reads are as you guys say it is.....it fits the qb always missing that drag underneath...By the time hes clears the lb ... the qb is only reading long passes by then.