NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Statistics

By TheAdmiral
8/14/2020 12:43 pm
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I think it warrants looking at.

In Victory Football League, we are now at week 9 (using the bleeding beta engine)

3 punters are shown as having a better net yardage than total yardage

Michael Mroz (P) INC 44 1,910 43.4 44.3 56 16
Steven Wolf (P) DUB 74 2,999 40.5 42.7 63 22
Timothy Kirk (P) SHM 54 1,940 35.9 41.7 61 13

I think the only ways you could get a positive net is from a muffed punt/fumble or on rare occasions tackles for a loss?

There is also a punter with a static total for Average and Net of 44.0 after 41 punts has he had no run backs?

At present the stats page for punts shows Punts - Yards - Average - Net - Long - Inside 20

Please can you add in Punts returned - Touchbacks - Fair caught - Longest return - Net yards (total) - Average Yards lost (difference between Average and Net punt) - % of punts inside the 20 and punts returned (total number and total yards).

I'm trying to put together a simple spreadsheet to rate Punters/Special teams performance. I think the simplest way to do this is to have a formula based on rankings for Yards per kick/Average yards lost and % of kicks inside the 20. This would then rate punters on Punt strength (yards), timing (average yards lost on returns) and accuracy (% inside 20).

The % of kicks returned/ fair caught and touchbacks would help to highlight how good your Special teams unit is at stopping returns.

Re: Statistics

By raymattison21
8/14/2020 2:46 pm
My guy had the same statistical display. I did not calculate to see if it were a correct assumption, but i think its cause they are kicking out of bounds. Check out the guys punting accuracy as that what causing them to kick it out of bounds in the first place...maybe experience too!

By TheAdmiral
8/14/2020 2:58 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
My guy had the same statistical display. I did not calculate to see if it were a correct assumption, but i think its cause they are kicking out of bounds. Check out the guys punting accuracy as that what causing them to kick it out of bounds in the first place...maybe experience too!

But why would that show as net being greater than gross?

By TheAdmiral
10/02/2020 2:01 pm
I think this is why the Punt stats are getting skewed

https://lol.myfootballnow.com/watch/1909#336130

This is rewound to the play prior to the Punt so you can see what happens.

Prior to this punt. Kimberley's kicker had Punted 3 times for 134 yards, after the kick that bounces out of bounds he has 4 kicks for 134 yards whereas it should be 4 for 189 yards.

And then again in a different game

https://lol.myfootballnow.com/watch/1908#335958

When this hapens it shows up in the game report like this

4-3-DAG 43 (8:56)
Offensive Play: Punt
Defensive Play: Punt Return

With no description.

Should read something like "Punter x kicks 55 yards out of bounds to Team B's 13 yard line" "Team B has the ball at Team B 13"

Absolutely no effect on gameplay, as at present no penalty is awarded for a Punt that either goes OB or bounces OB. Just the stats that need to be cleaned up. Hence Punters that directional kick for the corners on shorter punts to try and pin teams inside the 10 yard line.