NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Team News

Cleveland Ownership Revolving Door Continues: Local Coleman Enters

By JCSwishMan33
11/08/2013 9:39 am
BEREA, Ohio -- In a scene that any Cleveland fan is all-too familiar with, there's another change in the team's food chain.

For the third time in the last three seasons, Cleveland is making a shift in ownership. The name on the lips of fans now is Jeff Coleman, a former resident of University Heights, OH. The team made the formal announcement today after negotiations that were described by other team execs as "ridiculously easy and pleasantly surprising".

"For me this was a simple choice, a dream come true," Coleman said at the team presser announcing his hire. "I've always wanted to have a hand in running my hometown team, and now I have my chance."

Coleman, a graduate of John Carroll University, might be a young executive. However, he has experience in the 'big seat'. Last season, he lead the San Francisco team of "League 5" play to the Championship Game, ultimately losing to Houston.

"It was a fantastic experience," Coleman answered about his time in San Francisco. "Getting the team to the big game is obviously one of those experiences I won't soon forget. The loss stung a little, but I couldn't have been more proud of all my guys. I hope to bring the things I learned in my time there to Cleveland, and my goal is to bring this city the Championship everyone here deserves."

Coleman's influence hasn't been immediately obvious, but other team execs have stated his voice and hands have been interjected in several areas already.

"Jeff's already been busy assessing our needs and addressing them," head coach Alvin Guzman stated. "He's been burning up the phone lines, testing the free agency market for good fits to improve depth. He's also already sat in on our War Room meetings to address the last few picks of this year's Draft. There's a lot of room for improvement, and Jeff's ensured us he's in this to win it."

One thing that hasn't been addressed, at least out loud, has been any coaching changes. The majority of Cleveland's coaching staff is in the final year of their contracts, and it isn't clear if Coleman will wholesale the staff out of town, or keep them on through this season and assess at the end.

Coleman has the experience, the local roots, and the passion to make good on his playoff push for the hungry fans of Cleveland. The team has not sold a game out in the last 2 seasons, something that was quite the opposite for the Coleman-run San Francisco team. Even an even record in the season to come could be considered a victory.

But one thing's for certain: this ownership won't settle for just that.

Re: Cleveland Ownership Revolving Door Continues: Local Coleman Enters

By ZootMurph
11/08/2013 8:59 pm
Great to have you here!!