NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Team News

After disappointing season, Denver fires head coach Edward Moultry

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/11/2014 9:12 am
DENVER (AP) - Denver announced today that they have released the top of their coaching staff to make room for a new group. "We were disappointed with the performance of our team this year," owner jdavidbakr said in an interview, "and felt it was best to cut ties and look at fresh talent." Former head coach Edward Moultry had coached just one year before getting the axe.

Denver turned to Buffalo's kicker's coach, Philip Baker, to take the reigns of the team. Baker spent 2015 in Buffalo and is just 31 years old. This has caused some around the organization to question whether the fact that he's related to jdavidbakr played a role in his signing, which the owner denies. "Just because he's my younger brother doesn't mean that we'll be treating him special. He's gotta earn his stripes just like everyone else. Now, please stop talking like that or you'll hurt his feelings."

Denver also hired Defensive Coordinator John Skinner, who will be entering his first year of coaching at a professional level. Skinner previously was Philip Baker's oldest child's PeeWee strength and conditioning coach. Denver also announced the hiring of Michael Collier and Defensive Coordinator, who spent two years as Philidelphia's Defensive Coach before spending last year coaching the secondary at Jacksonville.

Re: After disappointing season, Denver fires head coach Edward Moultry

By Firefly
1/11/2014 9:42 am
Who stole my DC, then? Bastards :)

By Davesgang
1/11/2014 9:39 pm
I was trying to... Looks like philly outbid me though.

By JCSwishMan33
1/12/2014 10:48 pm
Sounds like the real-life Cleveland Browns' coaching search is playing out in virtual reality. ;)