NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: 2022 Mid-season report- Dallas

By Mr.Krazy
5/27/2015 1:05 am
Dallas, TX- Entering into his 2nd year as a owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Matt Kenseth had high expectations for the season. Unfortunately, the Cowboys have failed to execute on the field, showcasing a losing record.

"Its a learning game, you cant just jump into an owner position and expect to have a winning season in your 2nd year" said Kenseth in his press conference. "I'm still learning the ropes of this organization, and I knew coming in that there would be hurdles to jump over, seasons that would go opposite of what I had expected, obstacles to overcome. Even though our season is practically over, this season has educated me in more of the fundamentals of the game. As I gain more experience, I will learn what to do and what not to do and make the right decisions to get this organization back to where it should be".

Kenseth swapped 9 year vet. Knapp out for rookie QB Michael Shaffer in week games 7 & 8, a decision that could have determined whether or not Shaffer will be Dallas's Quarterback.

"Shaffer has sustainability, courage, and he has serious potential. He has great passing qualities, but also has areas that need improvement, such as his technique, but he looked good out there" said head coach Kyle Davis. Shaffer has a 54% completion rating with 551 yards in only two games with a 83.6 passer rating. "He definitely needs time to develop, but he shows he has the will to upgrade. Once he gets his 1st year done, he will have more knowledge and will have more potential for competing to be our future QB."

The Dallas Times concluded the interview with Kenseth's thoughts on the future of the Dallas Cowboys. "I'm definitely staying here, love this team. This team will see improvement in many areas over the next couple of years, and hopefully we can get back to the playoffs again. This team may not be the best out there today, but in the future, it has the potential to become a champion".
Last edited at 5/27/2015 10:52 am