NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

Waiver claims

By Tecra031
7/29/2017 7:22 am
I know there was another thread on this, but can you please clarify the waiver claim process again? I ask because it seems like Denver made almost a clean sweep of all the top waiver wire targets in wk 1. I get the order priority based on the previous season, but the NFL has this rule as well for players with 4 years or more under their belt:

Per NFL.com - Once the waiver period starts each year through the trading deadline, a vested veteran — a player who has acquired four years of pension credit — is not subject to the waiver system if the club decides to release him. That means if a team decides to release a vested veteran, the league considers his contract to be terminated immediately and he is free to negotiate and sign with any other club.

Are all players going to be treated the same regardless of experience or is this something that will be adjusted to mirror the NFL waiver process?

Re: Waiver claims

By setherick
7/29/2017 7:34 am
Worst record gets top pick. Waiver claims don't reset mid-spin, so the worst record in the league has the first waiver day all to themselves.

By Tecra031
7/29/2017 7:38 am
I get that part, but vets over 4 years don't go through waiver in the NFL. So asking if we will mirror that.

By setherick
7/29/2017 8:02 am
Tecra031 wrote:
I get that part, but vets over 4 years don't go through waiver in the NFL. So asking if we will mirror that.

Ah, missed that part.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/29/2017 10:11 am
I decided not to apply the vet restriction as part of my reason for the waiver system is to prevent good players from being cut from one team and signed by another without anyone else knowing it happened (a symptom of collusion or multis). I do have an update coming into beta soon that will round robin the waiver claims so when a team is awarded a player they go to the end of the list, should get applied next week.