NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

Question about Universal Speed

By setherick
11/23/2017 2:25 pm
So in the Agent-86 draft, I took this guy as a late round sleeper and move him to FS: https://agent86.myfootballnow.com/player/4152

He's 283 pounds right now, but he'll drop weight. (The plan is to play him at LB as a pass defender.) Will his Speed rating go up as he drops weight now? Or will it stay the same?

Similarly, what will happen to his Strength?

Re: Question about Universal Speed

By mardn72
11/23/2017 3:04 pm
I’ve done the same thing. His speed will go up. Strength will not change.

By setherick
11/23/2017 4:25 pm
mardn72 wrote:

Cool. I haven't tried a big position change like this one since I started playing again, so I wasn't sure. I'll probably plot it out to get an idea of how much it changes.

By raymattison21
11/23/2017 4:41 pm
Just a few things to add would be that though his weight would trend down ward I wonder actually how much? As some move alot and some do not now. Or they trend slower/faster. ?Or both. ?

And yes the strength doesn't change per say. I see the algorithim used during these interactions using strength must be slightly altered due to fact that the player would be smaller .

Always love JDB's responses as well....

And to add to this response , a user who drafts out of position players in order to have them drop or gain 50 to 60 pounds over say five years.....is that feasible under the new "frame" logic? Or such a large change just won't happen. (It's only been two or three seasons . ...so I just want to know)

I could wait a few more seasons but in general what are the frames that are in current use? Is there a pattern used that allows for different trends within different ranges?

I got a 280 pound TE who I wanna make RT, but leaving him at TE for a few seasons and letting finish his career up at WR is my other thought . Is there no way to know if that is possible to know before hand?

Was that the point of doing frame? So you have to make that decision ? Could he be stuck at sub 300 pounds? Or it is safe to say he's a big TE/small T and or take a risk moving one way or the other?

By mardn72
11/23/2017 10:04 pm
setherick wrote:
mardn72 wrote:

Cool. I haven't tried a big position change like this one since I started playing again, so I wasn't sure. I'll probably plot it out to get an idea of how much it changes.

I’ve found about a point of speed per around 8 pounds. Players will move weight fairly quickly in the beginning, about 5lbs a sim. It’s slows as they go, and I’ve seen it really slowing after 30ish pounds. I don’t have absolute hard analysis yet, but been observing a handful of players.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/27/2017 9:40 am
Ray is correct in his explanation.

With the new 'frame' code, there is now a limit to how far a player's weight will move.
Last edited at 11/27/2017 9:40 am

By setherick
11/27/2017 9:43 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

With the new 'frame' code, there is now a limit to how far a player's weight will move.

Is that in all leagues or just beta?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/27/2017 9:45 am
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

That was released in 0.4.2 to all leagues.

By setherick
11/27/2017 9:47 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

That was released in 0.4.2 to all leagues.

This is what I get for not reading release notes carefully.