NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

Rule Question

By WarEagle
12/16/2017 9:38 am
I am curious if something is possible, and if so...how?

This is related to Defensive rules.

I know I can have a rule so that against a specific personnel set I will call plays:
- from the Nickel formation
or
- from the Nickel AND blitz 1 LB
or
- from the Nickel AND blitz 1 LB AND have DBs in Man

I could also do the same from other formations (such as Dime)

However, is there a way for me to have a rule (or rules) so that in specific situations I will call plays:

(from the Nickel AND blitz 1 LB AND have DBs in Man) OR (from the DIME AND LB zone AND DB blitz 1)
I don't want Nickel plays called that are LB zone or DB blitz 1, etc.

I am looking for a way to accomplish this without having to remove all Nickel plays that aren't LB blitz 1 and DB man, as well as removing all Dime plays that aren't LB zone and DB blitz 1.

Thanks

Re: Rule Question

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/16/2017 10:23 am
That would have worked previously when all the rules were combined - you could have made two separate rules - but I don't think that's possible now since it uses the first rule in the list and there's not a 'or' logic on the result.

By setherick
12/16/2017 11:57 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
That would have worked previously when all the rules were combined - you could have made two separate rules - but I don't think that's possible now since it uses the first rule in the list and there's not a 'or' logic on the result.

It's not possible at all because of what JDB is saying. I've tried to create rules that use AND logic to substitute for OR logic, and it becomes a jumbled mess as well.

By WarEagle
12/16/2017 3:08 pm
That's what I feared. Oh well.

Thanks.

By setherick
12/16/2017 3:16 pm
WarEagle wrote:
That's what I feared. Oh well.

Thanks.

Rule build is pretty ridiculous. What I want to be able to do is create rules that say in X situation call Y plays, and then set my run / pass percentages for just those plays.