NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

QB Attributes...?

By Black Adder
8/13/2018 6:00 am
JDB,

Please can you tell what the following QB attributes refer to.There used to be a list off what all the player attributes refer to ,but I can`t locate it anymore,maybe it was removed etc etc.

Look Off Def and Field of Vision.

thanks.

Re: QB Attributes...?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/13/2018 8:20 am
Black Adder wrote:
JDB,

Please can you tell what the following QB attributes refer to.There used to be a list off what all the player attributes refer to ,but I can`t locate it anymore,maybe it was removed etc etc.

Look Off Def and Field of Vision.

thanks.

Look Off Def: the ability for the QB to influence the safeties by looking away from his primary receiver. A safety with low zone skill is more likely to abandon his zone in favor of where the QB is looking him off.
Field of Vision: The angle at which a QB can see alternate receivers, i.e. in order to throw to a more wide open receiver the first test is whether that receiver is in the QB's field of vision.

By Black Adder
8/13/2018 2:38 pm
Thanks,

So is there not a QB attribute that covers the ability of seeing your Primary Target covered well,or in Double Coverage at the LOS,and throwing to your Secondary Target?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/13/2018 2:45 pm
Black Adder wrote:
Thanks,

So is there not a QB attribute that covers the ability of seeing your Primary Target covered well,or in Double Coverage at the LOS,and throwing to your Secondary Target?

That's tied primarily to experience and intelligence.

By setherick
8/13/2018 9:17 pm
Experience needs to be gained more quickly if this is the case. Or Intelligence needs to be a bigger modifier. There is no reason for 100 Intelligence QBs to consistently throw into double coverage or 20 yards beyond their intended target.

Also, when did Look Off start applying to only safeties? When I started, the attributes page (long since gone) described the attribute as the ability to look off ANY coverage so that a WR could gain separate from his defender.

By lellow2011
8/13/2018 10:17 pm
setherick wrote:
Experience needs to be gained more quickly if this is the case. Or Intelligence needs to be a bigger modifier. There is no reason for 100 Intelligence QBs to consistently throw into double coverage or 20 yards beyond their intended target.

Also, when did Look Off start applying to only safeties? When I started, the attributes page (long since gone) described the attribute as the ability to look off ANY coverage so that a WR could gain separate from his defender.

Has look off, or field of vision ever shown any actual benefit? I've seen plenty of 20 FOV 100 accuracy guys pick apart defenses.

By setherick
8/13/2018 10:31 pm
lellow2011 wrote:
setherick wrote:

Has look off, or field of vision ever shown any actual benefit? I've seen plenty of 20 FOV 100 accuracy guys pick apart defenses.

FOV definitely matters now. 100 FOV = 170 degrees of vision, which means when your QB turns sideways to look at a WR in one half of the field, he completely misses the wide open WR behind him. This is one of the reasons why I complained so much about QB movement in the pocket.