NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

Reassigning Coaches

By JCSwishMan33
11/13/2013 12:26 am
Hopefully this is the right place for this...

All of my coaches are coming up on the final year of their contract at the same time (don't know how that happened, but it's happening), and I'm trying to evaluate my needs going forward.

I notice that when I'm evaluating my coaches based on different 'positions' (like I am my players), some of my coaches seem better suited overall in different positions (my HC seems like he wold be a better Receivers coach, for example).

Now obviously there's no coaching 'depth chart' that I can use to, say, slide my HC into the Receivers slot. But is there a way to do just that? Or do I have to just offer him a contract for that coaching slot, and risk losing the coach that was there (who might still be good for my team, but just in another spot)?

And on a related question, is there coaching 'progression' like there is player progression?

Thanks!

Re: Reassigning Coaches

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/13/2013 7:29 am
You won't be able to demote your coaches, you would have to replace your head coach and then attempt to re-sign him at another stage. However, unless there is a better head coach available, you will probably want to keep him at head coach even though he has a better WR coach rating than head coach rating. The reason is because the coaches' influence in the game is how they improve your player's ratings (and the head coach determines your playbook). Each sim where a player's attributes move takes the player's assigned position and gets a weight for each applicable attribute from his position coach, his coordinator, and the head coach. The head coach weighs at I think 50%, the coordinator at I think 30%, and the position coach at 20%. (Those numbers may be off, I didn't look them up just now, I will be writing a blog on coaches probably next and I'll take the time to get it right then). So unless you are able to find a head coach with at least as good of a WR rating you are better off leaving him there and just keeping your eye out for a WR coach.

By JCSwishMan33
11/13/2013 10:01 am
****... **** of an explanation there! Heh. Thanks for the breakdown.

So long story short, unless I find someone that's leaps and bounds better for the coordinator / position coaches spots, I should stick it out with who's assigned. And unless I feel like having my team 'learn a whole new playbook', I should stick with my HC.

Also, unless I missed it along the way, I never saw an answer to the progression question?

By ZootMurph
11/13/2013 11:15 am
Yes, there is. If you view a coach, you can see their progress just like a player.

By JCSwishMan33
11/13/2013 11:48 am
Roger that. Thanks much!

By Firefly
11/14/2013 11:24 am
ZootMurph wrote:
Yes, there is. If you view a coach, you can see their progress just like a player.

Whoa! Those coach progress bars are awesome!