NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

Need some help understanding jargon (please)

By Codus
7/10/2020 9:08 am
I picked this up off the community forums. Can anyone translate into english for me please :-)

/start copy and paste...

But I'm going to yell this next part so you understand how immportant it really is: DO NOT ALLOW YOUR OPPONENT TO KEY LOCK YOUR OTHER PERSONNEL SETS.

What does key locking mean? It means when you do only run or pass out of a personnel set where you could do either. When I'm scouting an opponent and I see that you are only passing out of the 203, the first thing I do is write a rule that defensive keys pass on every 203 play. Simiarly, if you are only running out of the 221 set, I have a rule that calls the Attack #3 all game against the set in Run Key.

To avoid key locking, you need to balance your runs and passes out of each personnel set. This sometimes means abandoning entire personnel sets if you don't have the right plays or effective ones. It's still worth it. Otherwise, opponents like me are going to key your offense and blow up your effective plays in that one set.

Re: Need some help understanding jargon (please)

By raymattison21
7/10/2020 10:17 am
Its the run/pass tab under defensive gameplaning.

By TarquinTheDark
7/10/2020 12:41 pm
Three personnel sets (005, 014, 104) only have passing plays in any playbook. The first or second rule that most owners learn to write is to key lock those personnel sets (always pass key whenever that group of players comes on the field).

If you call only pass plays or only run plays from any other personnel set, a game planning owner will quickly spot it, and key lock that set as well.

By voryzover
2/06/2024 11:15 pm
Where do you get the set #: 005, 014, 104 or any other ?
Is there a link showing the full list ?
I looked everywhere in the game (I think ) and cannot find them .. likely I may have missed them,

thx in advance

By TheRookie
2/07/2024 8:17 am
I don't think you missed them as this is mostly ingame jargon.

When creating rules for the game (Gameplanning section), you will see a Personnel area. This starts with 5WR, 1TE4WR, 2TE/3WR etc. So from there here is what a list would look like:

005 = 5WR
014 = 1TE/4WR
023 = 2TE/3WR
104 = 1RB/4WR
113 = 1RB/1TE/3WR
122 = 1RB/2TE/2WR
131 = 1RB/3TE/1WR (Currently not used, maybe a future enhancement)
203 = 2RB/3WR
212 = 2RB/1TE/2WR
221 = 2RB/2TE/1WR
230 = 2RB/3TE
311 = 3RB/1TE/1WR

Some of us got these from NFL coaches like the 212 which is employed by most NFL teams. Basically the first digit stands for number of RB's, the second digit stands for TE's and the third/last digit stands for WR's. But overall I think this mostly came out due to creating and editing of rules and trying to give a simple short abbreviation for each Personnel set. Hope this helps.