NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

Help

By william1993
6/14/2014 9:10 am
Hi. I just started as the owner of Baltimore.

Right now it's free agency and I am trying to sign some players. I've figured out how to extend contract offers. But I want to know, how can I see what amount of financials I have left? Also, how long does each stage last?

Re: Help

By Tecra031
6/14/2014 9:15 am
When you make an offer, there is a bar at the top that shows you what you have left.

Also, if you click on 'my team', look at the the top right of the page, it will show you your teams salaries and cap.

Lastly, click in 'league home' and look to the right....you will see when each stage starts and ends.

Hope this helps

By Firefly
6/14/2014 9:15 am
Sims are run every day, if that's what you mean. If you look at the top right of the screen, you'll see we're in FA stage 4 of 6.

About financials and how much you have left, go to your team page, there you will find your cap situation.

The one thing I'd suggest JD to add to that part is how much of the cap money you have left approx. is tied to draft picks. Right now I figure it out by making a contract offer and then upping the salary bar until the game tells me that could put me over the cap. Not ideal.

By william1993
6/14/2014 9:30 am
so when it says I have 38m. left under cap that means that I can use that 38m. on other people?

By Firefly
6/14/2014 9:31 am
No, unfortunately. Some of that money is tied to draft picks. See my post above.

By william1993
6/14/2014 9:32 am
Baltimore
Total Cap: $153,153,788
Dead cap: $1,772,877
Room under cap: $38,191,503
Cap used next year: $106,470,468
Dead cap next year: $0

so this is what it says, but It does not tell me where I can find out what draft picks it is tied to

By Firefly
6/14/2014 9:40 am
Like I said, it doesn't and I'd like to see it in the future. What I do is make a contract offer to a player -only don't submit it- then move the salary bar to the right until I get a "that could put you over the cap" message. That'll tell you how much is really available for FAs and extensions.

By william1993
6/14/2014 9:56 am
I did that. Thanks.

I tried to hire two coaches today. How long will it be until I know if they accept or not?

Also, during training period, will I have anything to do with that, or will it just manually sim it?

By Tecra031
6/14/2014 9:58 am
You will know tomorrow after tonights sim is run.

The sim will manage your training camp, you don't have to do anything there