NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

Needing A Reminder...

By JCSwishMan33
9/10/2014 7:40 am
Got a surplus of players on my team, with the intention of seeing if anyone really breaks out during Training Camp, but I need a reminder of a couple things:

1) Is 60 the max roster heading into, or heading out of Training Camp? As in, will my plan of having possibly 63 players go through TC even work?

2) What's the AI's cut criteria if I weren't able to make the cuts myself to get the roster to 60 in time? Does it go by rating, number at the position, salary, etc.?

Re: Needing A Reminder...

By Firefly
9/10/2014 11:04 am
1) yes, no
2) I don't know
Last edited at 9/10/2014 11:04 am

Re: Needing A Reminder...

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/10/2014 12:07 pm
1) Firefly is correct

2) If you have too many players, the AI will cut the worst players at positions where you have too many players until you get under the max. So, if you have 10 QB's and 5 RB's, it will cut the worst player between QB's and RB's, but if you have 4 WR's and 3 RB's it will cut the RB because you should keep 4 WR's. It groups players by position grouping and uses the suggested numbers as listed on the Position Distribution popup. It does use your evaluation settings to determine who to cut of course.

If the roster cuts are for being over the salary cap, it does the above logic unless you have no more than the suggested number of players at each position, in which case it will start cutting players with the highest base salary until your cap gets low enough to build your roster back up to the minimum (45 players) by signing to the league minimum, and then it will sign those players.
Last edited at 9/13/2014 11:34 am