NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

UPDATES: Onside Kicks, DB Coverage

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/10/2014 4:45 pm
I just pushed some updates to MFN-1 that will take effect for week 8. Onside kicks should now be closer to the NFL 20% success rate, instead of 30% as it was previously. And, DB coverage should be more influential in the situation where a WR has multiple DB's on top of him. Let me know if you notice any positive or negative effects from these changes - or if you still see lots of miracle catches in traffic!

Re: UPDATES: Onside Kicks, DB Coverage

10/11/2014 6:30 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
I just pushed some updates to MFN-1 that will take effect for week 8. Onside kicks should now be closer to the NFL 20% success rate, instead of 30% as it was previously. And, DB coverage should be more influential in the situation where a WR has multiple DB's on top of him. Let me know if you notice any positive or negative effects from these changes - or if you still see lots of miracle catches in traffic!

Make that Week 9 - the updates didn't make it to the primary server for the week 8 games.

By Firefly
10/11/2014 9:47 am
Awesome, thanks

By Tecra031
10/14/2014 7:12 am
Not sure what the desired effect of the changes were supposed to be outside of some more incomplete or knocked down passes, but 9 INTs and 6 fumbles in the NJ/MIA game is a bit much. Not sure if proximity is also affecting the fumble frequency as well as players get near, but that amount of turnovers is a bit much. (some of my best/top ball carriers were just dropping the ball).

Also, not quite sure if this didn't make it into the WK 8 games...that may explain the 6 INTs and 3 fumbles in the SD/NJ game in week 8 as well.

10/14/2014 7:39 am
That's pretty crazy - most of the games weren't like that, but I'll look at the INT's in that game and see if that's a special case.

For the fumbling, nothing has changed recently in terms of the likelihood of a player to fumble, it's based on the force fumble/avoid fumble attribute comparison, so it could just be a measure of difference that hasn't been as common, or it could just be bad dice rolls.

By Cork55
10/15/2014 7:39 pm
The GB-TB game feature 8 picks.

By Firefly
10/16/2014 11:38 am
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, we normally throw a lot of picks and have a ton of fumbles, which we seldom recover :)