NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Penalty that should have brought play back didn't

By nero
9/13/2013 5:39 am
http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/418#71309

Re: Penalty that should have brought play back didn't

By ZootMurph
9/13/2013 6:10 am
Here's the way it looks to me: The penalty occurred after the interception. As I watch the play, I see the Interception, THEN the penalty is called. It seems to me the holding penalty was on the return. So the interception stands and the penalty is assessed after the result of the play.

By nero
9/13/2013 6:15 am
ZootMurph wrote:
Here's the way it looks to me: The penalty occurred after the interception. As I watch the play, I see the Interception, THEN the penalty is called. It seems to me the holding penalty was on the return. So the interception stands and the penalty is assessed after the result of the play.

That is a possible explanation, but I'm not so sure that I've seen a penalty called after a turnover. Plenty before to overturn the play though. My team has an INT called back *at least* 1x per game, no exaggeration.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/13/2013 6:20 am
Zoot's right, the penalty was against Tennessee after the interception. The correct call is to mark the yards off from the spot of the foul, if it occurs after the change of possession the second team gets to keep the ball. I've seen a handful of times where a pick 6 got called back because of a hold on the return, but the intercepting team retains possession.