NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Cutbacks

By setherick
1/10/2017 7:15 am
I figured I'd make a thread of ridiculous cutbacks and spin moves that make the defense look silly. I think these should maybe be possible in the game, but they happen way too often.

Watch a WR with 35 functional ball carry change the pursuit angle so quickly the entire defense cannot react in time: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/5884#1058860

This is a good example of why ball carriers in the open field destroy defenders. Everyone is taking a pursuit angle on the WR who suddenly starts moving in the complete opposite direction. The defense then has to change their angles and loses pursuit. In fact, the defense continues on their original pursuit angles for a split second after. If the offense can spin 180 without losing speed, the defense should too.

Same game. The only reason that the instant cutback doesn't work in this case is because Smith has 67 SP and 17 carry and loses all momentum: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/5884#1058900
Last edited at 1/10/2017 7:28 am

By Wolfpack
1/10/2017 8:25 am
The cutbacks are way overpowered especially on top of broken tackles.

By WarEagle
1/13/2017 10:00 am
I actually think there are not enough cutbacks, or at least something other than running in a perfectly straight line.

Too often the players' paths look like they were decided by a computer calculating the shortest distance between two points.

IRL, even on a long break away, the player is rarely running in a perfectly straight line.

By setherick
1/13/2017 10:11 am
WarEagle wrote:
I actually think there are not enough cutbacks, or at least something other than running in a perfectly straight line.

Too often the players' paths look like they were decided by a computer calculating the shortest distance between two points.

IRL, even on a long break away, the player is rarely running in a perfectly straight line.

My issue isn't with the frequency of them, but the nature of them. I'd like to see more runs where the ball carrier makes adjustments rather than running straight line to a point, then running straight line to another point. What I take issue with is when the ball carrier is moving one direction and then makes an impossible cutback to the other direction.

By WarEagle
1/13/2017 10:23 am
setherick wrote:
What I take issue with is when the ball carrier is moving one direction and then makes an impossible cutback to the other direction.

I agree, but I'd rather have that than nothing at all resembling a human ball carrier.

Now that I think about it, watching these games looks a lot like those old electric football games where the board shook and players "moved" around.