NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Defensive stats

By ZootMurph
9/21/2013 7:25 pm
My main thought is to be able to look at stats to best determine the effectiveness of DBs in the passing game. Right now, all we have is INT. Now, maybe, the a guy with 1 INT isn't very good, or maybe he is so good he never has passes thrown his way, or maybe he is knocking down 50% of the passes thrown his way... I just don't know. I can't get much from watching the games, either.

Is there a way you can do something in this vein?

Thanks!

Re: Defensive stats

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/22/2013 7:19 pm
I agree, it is something that I've had a difficult time quantifying - because the game engine doesn't mark a pass as incomplete for any reason other than it falling to the ground before someone catches it - but I have been thinking about this and do have some ideas I'd like to implement to identify passes that are knocked down and display those stats.

By ZootMurph
9/22/2013 8:04 pm
Thanks, JDB!

Some things that I think you can track at this point is thrown at and receptions allows stats... how many times a DB has had a pass thrown to the guy he is covering and how many times the guy he is covering actually caught a pass.

9/26/2013 9:04 pm
I have added thrown at, knock down, and catch allowed stats to the game. Everyone is at zero right now because these have not been tracked up to this point, but starting with tomorrow's game they will. Other leagues will start tracking this with their new season.

9/26/2013 9:05 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
I have added thrown at, knock down, and catch allowed stats to the game. Everyone is at zero right now because these have not been tracked up to this point, but starting with tomorrow's game they will. Other leagues will start tracking this with their new season.

This should also significantly reduce the "drops" stat if the defense was influential in the drop.

By Groo
9/26/2013 9:15 pm
This is awesome, JDB! Thanks!