NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Draft Class

By Tecra031
10/15/2013 8:27 am
As a follow up to the post I just made in the General Discussion area, can the upcoming draft classes be made available earlier in the season? While its an ugly truth, at some point owners need to make a decision on trying to jockey for a better draft position to build for the future. Sort of how, arguably, the Colts did in 2009-2011. In 2009 they are 12-4, 2010 they go 10-6 and Manning gets hurt, in 2011 they go 2-14 (same team minus Manning and go from first to worst) and get the #1 pick, then back to 11-5 in 2012. While I would not tank a season on here just for a pick, if I am 6-6 or 7-5 with 4 games left and the playoff picture has me already eliminated from playoff contention, I will turn my attention to the next season and may start my backups to develop them, and at the same time try to move up a few draft picks from the middle of the round to the top 3rd or so if I see a player that may help address a specific need for me.