NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Reset the Rosters in Beta Every 5-10 Seasons?

By setherick
12/01/2018 10:17 am
When Rivals flipped to 0.4.4, there were a lot of bad things that were exposed. Part of this exposure was because MFN-1 has over-generated rosters where you have too many players with 100s in key attributes. All this does is normalize the league against itself.

Rosters really need to be reset in MFN-1. Ideally every season, but I'm sure that would drive folks nuts.

Re: Reset the Rosters in Beta Every 5-10 Seasons?

By raymattison21
12/07/2018 9:57 am
setherick wrote:
When Rivals flipped to 0.4.4, there were a lot of bad things that were exposed. Part of this exposure was because MFN-1 has over-generated rosters where you have too many players with 100s in key attributes. All this does is normalize the league against itself.

Rosters really need to be reset in MFN-1. Ideally every season, but I'm sure that would drive folks nuts.

Beta 87 was good for that during its young tenure. Being able to see the difference with and without the parity caused by talent influx. Now I think I am getting better players due to the speed added to players with lower skills ratings during their generation . Than I was getting 5th round boomers with 35 speed under that inflated generation code that is waning in MFN 1 as we speak . My team in one isn't good but it's way easier to get depth in one than in an allocation .

Upping the generation of allocation talent, perhaps depth and making vets more familiar plays as well, would service something as well.