NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Play Matrix

By setherick
12/07/2018 7:18 am
My play calling has been all kinds of off in the standard leagues since 0.4.4 was put in.

For instance, in multiple leagues I set my game plan to run 50% of the time on first and second down, and had games where I passed 75% of the time in the first half.

I just set up a game plan in USFL to pass 60% of the time on first and second down, and so my team ran 28 times and passed 26.

Are you sure the matrix is actually fixed? Or is all game planning now set the matrix and ¯\_(?)_/¯?

Re: Play Matrix

By RoyceR
12/07/2018 7:53 am
I thought it had to do with the amount of plays you have selected that fit your rule? Say i have 60% run 20% long pass 20% medium pass as a rule. I have 1 run that fits the run rules, but 7 long pass plays and 8 medium pass plays.

When you look at veiw plays the run play will be fully weighted, but just the fact you have 15 pass plays that are weighted less is going to make it hard for that run to be called?

By raymattison21
12/07/2018 7:58 am
In major league the AI called a 4-3 vs a 113. I never noticed this before.

By setherick
12/07/2018 8:32 am
raymattison21 wrote:

Did you have a nickle defense that met the matrix logic?

By raymattison21
12/07/2018 8:35 am
setherick wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

I did upload a plan with nickel plays in it. Perhaps they weren’t selected

By raymattison21
12/07/2018 8:44 am
raymattison21 wrote:
setherick wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

https://mlf.myfootballnow.com/watch/1144#214523

Plenty of options but it was vs. Slot strong . ..

By raymattison21
12/07/2018 8:47 am
raymattison21 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
setherick wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

https://mlf.myfootballnow.com/watch/1144#214523

Plenty of options but it was vs. Slot strong . ..

No nickel is in the matrix . But dime was. Still , interesting choice by the ai. I might want to use that in short senerios

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/07/2018 9:25 am
When I have dug into the actual play usage and compare it to the game plans I haven't seen anything that seems outside of reasonable probability. If you have used the same game plan for several games (which would give us a better sample set than a single game) I can run those graphs I did before again to see how the distribution compares to your game plan both for rules and no rules.

As far as I can tell, though, I have not found any play matrix issues since the last one that I fixed. Not saying there might still be issues, but I probably need more details (such as the breakdown above vs your game plan) to identify where the issue might be.

By setherick
12/07/2018 10:00 am
I just noticed it last night, but I don't plan on changing my game plan in NFL, so I'll use the first 8 or so games to look at it.

My rules make things difficult to break down the game plan some time since the rules drive all 3rd downs.