NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

0.4.5 is going the way of 0.4.3

By setherick
1/21/2019 8:05 am
0.4.5 started out with a lot of promise, but the last few code commits are starting to re-introduce issues that I identified more than a month ago in alpha testing.

At this rate, 0.4.5 is starting to resemble 0.4.3 more than fixing the problems of 0.4.4.

Why did accuracy suddenly go away? There is not completing a contested pass, and then there is whatever QBs are doing now by throwing the ball 20 yards away from a 2 yard hook route.

Why are there still read buffer errors where QBs just stop completing passes in the 4Q?

It's like the trajectory of 0.4.5 tanked in the past few commits. Although hook/curl routes could have been broken the entire time. I haven't been testing those, but I don't remember them being problematic in alpha code.

Re: 0.4.5 is going the way of 0.4.3

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/29/2019 9:43 pm
Do you feel like these issues still remain? I think I squashed what you mentioned here in the last commit (or two).

By setherick
1/29/2019 10:15 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Do you feel like these issues still remain? I think I squashed what you mentioned here in the last commit (or two).

The last few commits have definitely been more stable. Short passing and particularly slant routes seem to be much better.

I don't have the personnel on this team to really test medium and long passing as much I would like. It appears that they plays should work, but they aren't working well for my team.

By setherick
2/02/2019 10:39 am
So it looks like the last commit rolled back the changes so that QBs weren't throwing the ball to RBs every play. So we're back to the original post. Every time something new is committed, the game rolls back to a worse state.