NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Couple of questions JDB

By Black Adder
3/11/2019 5:50 am

Hi,

Defence keys (Run,Pass & Neutral ),what exactly do they do in the newer versions ? A while back I seem to remember on Run ,the LB`s moved towards the LOS and on Pass the coverage guys got a M2M boost. Is this still the case ?

Is the Volatility rating linear ?

Keep up the good work JDB,thanks for a great game.

Re: Couple of questions JDB

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/11/2019 8:40 am
Black Adder wrote:
Defence keys (Run,Pass & Neutral ),what exactly do they do in the newer versions ? A while back I seem to remember on Run ,the LB`s moved towards the LOS and on Pass the coverage guys got a M2M boost. Is this still the case ?

Pretty much, yes. Also, blocking is better against an incorrect key and worse against a correct key, and pass accuracy is increased/decreased as well.

Black Adder wrote:
Is the Volatility rating linear ?

Yes. I don't see a reason to make this one parabolic.

By Black Adder
3/21/2019 9:49 am
Thanks for your quick reply JDB.

When you say blocking is reduced/increased , that refers to the players individual run/pass blocking ,yes?

Also the blocking that`s increased/decreased, does that apply to just Offensive Linemen,or all players in that offensive formation eg RB,FB,TE and WR`s ?

thanks.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/21/2019 12:28 pm
Black Adder wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply JDB.

When you say blocking is reduced/increased , that refers to the players individual run/pass blocking ,yes?

Also the blocking that`s increased/decreased, does that apply to just Offensive Linemen,or all players in that offensive formation eg RB,FB,TE and WR`s ?

thanks.

Yes, essentially when a player engages in a block there is a calculation to determine how long the block is held and who "wins" the push, mostly from the blocking attributes (but also strength and weight). That calculation gives a boost or penalty for a correct or incorrect key.

And yes, it applies to every block on that play, not just the linemen.