NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Signing draft picks

By ZootMurph
11/07/2013 10:00 am
That would work.

The thing about player's leaving there team during the season has been a concern for me also. It happens too often.

I have a twofold thought on that.

1) Have a vacation mode, which shows a player is going to return, he is just away. This allows the AI to make adjustments to the depth chart for injuries, and update the gameplan... but do nothing with personnel unless required due to injuries. This would need a time frame, with a max of 3 to 4 real life weeks.
2) If a player doesn't log in to his team for more than a real life week, and is not in vacation mode, he should be removed from the team, his 5 credits lost. This allows another player to come in and take over. Moreover, it allows the AI to actually start to run the team. A player taking over a vacated team would get to play the rest of the season for free. The 5 credits is already paid, and it gives some reason for a player to take over a vacated team in the middle of a season.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/07/2013 10:53 am
ZootMurph wrote:
That would work.

The thing about player's leaving there team during the season has been a concern for me also. It happens too often.

I have a twofold thought on that.

1) Have a vacation mode, which shows a player is going to return, he is just away. This allows the AI to make adjustments to the depth chart for injuries, and update the gameplan... but do nothing with personnel unless required due to injuries. This would need a time frame, with a max of 3 to 4 real life weeks.
2) If a player doesn't log in to his team for more than a real life week, and is not in vacation mode, he should be removed from the team, his 5 credits lost. This allows another player to come in and take over. Moreover, it allows the AI to actually start to run the team. A player taking over a vacated team would get to play the rest of the season for free. The 5 credits is already paid, and it gives some reason for a player to take over a vacated team in the middle of a season.

Good ideas. #1 is already on the road map, but #2 is a good idea.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/07/2013 9:38 pm
I have just pushed an update that allows you to void your draftees' contracts. Where the "cut" button would normally be, there is now a "Void Contract" button. This will only be available through the end of late free agency (and any players you mark to void their contract will not be processed until the first week of late free agency).

I think this is a good plan as it gives you the ability to reject a rookie player's contract without having the problems of requiring you to actively sign them.

By Groo
11/08/2013 10:06 pm
That works for me. Thanks for addressing it!