NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Injury Fest

By TarquinTheDark
8/24/2019 10:38 am
In the Community Forum there has been a discussion of the recent increase in injuries.

https://champions.myfootballnow.com/community/1/5913

It has been stated that any discussion that will result in positive change in this area should take place here.

Re: Injury Fest

By Smirt211
8/24/2019 10:56 am
Lets see if I can try a non-controversial approach. Coming at it from this angle you've got two freight trains heading towards one another at high velocity: uptick in injuries due to longer sustained drives vs. idling on the depth chart to try and 'fix it' after each game. If a GM has 1-3 teams, cool, they hit FA to sign players and patch it up. However, GMs with 10 teams as the # which has been thrown out there get quagmired on Team #1/Depth Chart #1 and can't advance to Team #2/Depth Chart #2 without writing notes for FA Signing(s) before hitting the fun game scouting areas in preparation for the next game. I'll speed up to the point of the post.

You're going to hit a point where you'll need new users to replace older users whom cut down leagues in trying to maintain injury levels/time devotion in dealing with them.

By TarquinTheDark
8/24/2019 11:11 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Lets see if I can try a non-controversial approach.

Who are you and what have you done with Smirt?

Smirt211 wrote:
Coming at it from this angle you've got two freight trains heading towards one another at high velocity: uptick in injuries due to longer sustained drives vs. idling on the depth chart to try and 'fix it' after each game. If a GM has 1-3 teams, cool, they hit FA to sign players and patch it up. However, GMs with 10 teams as the # which has been thrown out there get quagmired on Team #1/Depth Chart #1 and can't advance to Team #2/Depth Chart #2 without writing notes for FA Signing(s) before hitting the fun game scouting areas in preparation for the next game. I'll speed up to the point of the post.

You're going to hit a point where you'll need new users to replace older users whom cut down leagues in trying to maintain injury levels/time devotion in dealing with them.

So you're saying it's part of the updated marketing plan.

By Smirt211
8/24/2019 1:25 pm
I'm saying you'll need a new user drive to get fresh talent/GMs into the game.

GM league cut downs/open spaces to fill in correlation for the increase of time spent dealing with injuries/toggling in the depth chart after every game.

Big Poppa, Greg, Slick to name 3 individuals illustrates my point.

By CrazyRazor
8/31/2019 9:25 am
I want to add a twist to the Fatigue Issues.
I don't suffer from multiple injuries like some GM's are experiencing, but I am having serious issues with 4th quarter comebacks from my opponents.

I'm going to assume that fatigue is the culprit, because JDB has already informed me that there have been NO gameplay adjustments for teams that are trailing in a game.

I keep my Fatigue settings at 50 for all positions. Does anyone have any suggestions or insights?

I know my Cincinnati team, here, is light on defense. New Orleans exposed that this past game & I got blown out in the 4th quarter. That, among other games with the same result, forced me to consider this possibility.

How much influence does fatigue have over performance in the latter stages of a game? Is there any possible way we could measure fatigue for players? I think it would help a great deal in managing performance & injuries both.
Last edited at 8/31/2019 9:26 am

By mwd65
9/01/2019 7:39 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
I want to add a twist to the Fatigue Issues.
I don't suffer from multiple injuries like some GM's are experiencing, but I am having serious issues with 4th quarter comebacks from my opponents.

I'm going to assume that fatigue is the culprit, because JDB has already informed me that there have been NO gameplay adjustments for teams that are trailing in a game.

I keep my Fatigue settings at 50 for all positions. Does anyone have any suggestions or insights?

I know my Cincinnati team, here, is light on defense. New Orleans exposed that this past game & I got blown out in the 4th quarter. That, among other games with the same result, forced me to consider this possibility.

How much influence does fatigue have over performance in the latter stages of a game? Is there any possible way we could measure fatigue for players? I think it would help a great deal in managing performance & injuries both.

Good question, CR!

With regards to late in game, I feel I'm losing quite a few games on comebacks, too (winning a couple too). I have fatigue settings between 40-50 for defense. Dline closer to 40 and LB's and DB's near 50.

Another item that I think comes into play is the setting for hurry-up offense. I'm wondering if high settings is contributing to comebacks. Mine is set at 5 in most leagues, and I notice, when losing in the 4th quarter, and this takes affect, what looks like a blowout, turns into competitive games (most of the time). It seems at some point when hurry-up takes over, play calling changes, and pass plays become more successful.

I'm not sure, but I think there is a combination of the two that are impacting comebacks.

By raymattison21
9/01/2019 10:41 am

This is what I run for fatigue after checking out what was causing all these injuries in the OG thread in the main forums. Not too much different that what I ran for all of 4.4 and 4.5 consistently .

Backfield
Offensive Line
Receivers
Tight Ends
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Secondary

I don't know if it makes for comebacks, but you got to take into account the stlye of play . Is it a bunch of 3 and outs vs. "Worse " teams and when the competition is more level . ..pretty much athletic ability in comparison . .... maybe your getting double digits in drive play counts . That's when the fatigue meters would come into play more.

I set my qbs to 99 for a while and they get pulled on game winning drives at the end of the game. So they get tired, and that is one of the reasons why the rotational qb system workeD.

Dinking and dunking is a stragety in 4.5 but guys got to be getting tired with the longer drives there too especially if they play STs . But here in 4.6 running a strict zone were last in the league in defensive efficiency. It is causing alot of snaps for my defense and these lower settings have them on the feild for well over 80% of snaps but we don't play starters on special teams. Cause of the high number of play counts there.

On offense we use no rules and a pretty vanilla plan that focuses on plays that use speed well. With an adjustment for game play at 21 , hurry at 8 and slow down at 2 throws our offensive play calls wildly and rarely fits any run pass percentages from our actual game plan.

The reason I like this is the keys. They have a pro found effect on results when teams are more equal. And I feel like I am not only throwing my opponents off in terms of keying, but I am also throwning the computers auto guess of keys off as well. We don't even know what we're going call but it usually stays balanced in terms of not overusing a play as well.

Say you run 2 wrs and 1 te most of the game and now in hurry your running 5 wide different sets and plays are being more heavily run On both sides. Perhaps your play counts are low so there not getting abused . Then the auto key takes a minute to kick it cause they were following their OG gameplan , which you scouted well, but they are not now...almost resetting the meters .

Maybe simpler said it's all that stuff that causes combacks as I had a few recently in 4.5 as well. We're running a strict spread offense there and I am counting on guys not having enough dbs to compete with us. It's not a good strategy for 4.5 cause passing is nerfed but our qb is having better second halfs And game winning drives.

Personally I have guestimated my players fatigue levels , by playing with the settings, not changing plays and counting snaps per position vs. Different opponents . Quite tedious .

Against ciinncinati we did see an unusual amount of subs being played, but with our high snap counts I am trying to avoid injuries . ..not necessarily put the best guys on the feild , but I do think we have good depth.