NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Injury Update

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/06/2019 8:40 am
With the talk about injuries I have decided to allow the league owners to control the injury rate. The first step is changing the logic in the game engine to accept a league-based injury rate value, which I am pushing into the beta games tonight (week 15). This should have zero impact but what I'd like to look for is either an unusually high or unusually low injury rate in tonight's games league-wide. I'd like to run maybe through the playoffs before pushing this as a hotfix patch to all leagues, and then rolling out the button for league owners to decrease (or increase if they wish) their league's injury rates.

Re: Injury Update

By shauma_llama
9/06/2019 11:09 pm
I rather thought injuries were the most realistic aspect of the game.

By TarquinTheDark
9/07/2019 4:25 am
2 new, 4 healed

9/07/2019 6:49 am
shauma_llama wrote:
I rather thought injuries were the most realistic aspect of the game.

I personally don't think there is a problem with the injury rate, and won't change the default for any leagues. But, if a league owner wants to change the rate for their league, that's something that makes sense for them to do.

By raymattison21
9/10/2019 7:01 am
46 injuries through 14 games at a 3.2 average and for the final two games we took on 8 for an average of 4 per.

One thing to note is that I use the transaction log to Talley numbers and they do not account for for injuries that are not significant enough to warrant a placement in the transaction log. Over the course of the season i can definitely remember two injuries that I see the watching the game but never made it to the log.

So as a whole if we were at an average of 3.4 injuries a game. ...that number most likely is 3.6 to 3.8 because of the difference . That is not bad but numbers near 4 per game is probably a bit to high. I think alot of guys would prefer numbers closer to 3 for roster management .

By setherick
9/10/2019 7:30 am
I haven't weighed in on this, but I don't have a problem with injuries. In fact, I think they are on par or _too low_ compared to the NFL. You don't have catastrophic injuries in MFN at all. And only very rarely does a player degrade the next season because he was injured during the previous season. Turning _UP_ injuries would force owners to learn how to develop adequate two and three deep rosters rather than the 22 All Star and Go rosters I see so often that have no depth.

9/10/2019 8:15 am
setherick wrote:
I haven't weighed in on this, but I don't have a problem with injuries. In fact, I think they are on par or _too low_ compared to the NFL. You don't have catastrophic injuries in MFN at all. And only very rarely does a player degrade the next season because he was injured during the previous season. Turning _UP_ injuries would force owners to learn how to develop adequate two and three deep rosters rather than the 22 All Star and Go rosters I see so often that have no depth.

I totally agree - and, this update will actually allow league owners to turn up the injuries as well as turn them down. I like where it's at for the default, I feel like it's high enough to be an issue but not so high as to be extremely discouraging.

By raymattison21
9/10/2019 8:19 am
setherick wrote:

It would be neat to be able to adjust the injury rate, severity , and recovery . Just to model the nfl. I would definitely play in your league if injuries were higher, but I need another season of stats just to see where our rates are now with the latest tweak

9/10/2019 8:23 am
raymattison21 wrote:
setherick wrote:

It would be neat to be able to adjust the injury rate, severity , and recovery . Just to model the nfl. I would definitely play in your league if injuries were higher, but I need another season of stats just to see where our rates are now with the latest tweak

This tweak should only be introducing a variable to the injury equation that should not change the frequency at all unless changed by the league admin. I am confident after a few games that it has not impacted injury rates at all, as intended. I will probably roll it into the other leagues as a hot patch so that owners will be able to modify their league's injury settings, but if they do nothing (and for all default leagues) there will be no change to injury rates.

By punisher
9/22/2019 4:16 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

This tweak should only be introducing a variable to the injury equation that should not change the frequency at all unless changed by the league admin. I am confident after a few games that it has not impacted injury rates at all, as intended. I will probably roll it into the other leagues as a hot patch so that owners will be able to modify their league's injury settings, but if they do nothing (and for all default leagues) there will be no change to injury rates.

Here = https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/1/6013?page=1#36590

might want to read Cjfred 's 1st message , Admiral's , Smirt211 's and trslick's