NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Some updates for next season

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/23/2019 9:17 am
A couple of tweaks I've already written in the code (need to run tests to see what really happens):

1. I am changing the QB timing to throw the ball, unless a receiver is just wide open he should take a little more time to survey the field and not throw into tight spots until he decides he's waited long enough. This timing increases with experience (so rookies will be more likely to throw quickly).

2. I am removing the penalty for long passes. The reason that was added was because you could average 20 yards per long pass play, which meant all you had to do was throw all long passes and you'd literally get at least one completion in every 4 down set, making your offense unstoppable. With the recent updates to the defense, that appears to no longer be the case. Again, testing will tell the tale. Setherick, this would be the last of the 'nerfs' as you like to call them that still remains. If drops still seem too high, it will no longer be 'nerfs' but instead the balance of attribute applications.

I'll post an official thread with the new version hash once I've run a few seasons it the test league.

Re: Some updates for next season

By TarquinTheDark
9/23/2019 5:18 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
this would be the last of the 'nerfs'

DOtB !!!!!!!!!

By setherick
9/23/2019 7:29 pm
TarquinTheDark wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

DOtB !!!!!!!!!

It's about time. Time to unleash the most wicked TE under passing attack y'all have ever seen.

By CrazyRazor
9/23/2019 8:28 pm
setherick wrote:
TarquinTheDark wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

DOtB !!!!!!!!!

It's about time. Time to unleash the most wicked TE under passing attack y'all have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/eBhbvIWVIec

Are You Ready for Some Football?!
Last edited at 9/23/2019 8:28 pm

By raymattison21
9/23/2019 9:08 pm
setherick wrote:
TarquinTheDark wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

DOtB !!!!!!!!!

I think one of the weakest new parts of this version of 4.6 is the flat zones . So that part should be exploitable with TEs.

By raymattison21
9/23/2019 9:09 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
setherick wrote:
TarquinTheDark wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

DOtB !!!!!!!!!

I think one of the weakest new parts of this version of 4.6 is the flat zones . So that part should be exploitable with TEs.

And I am super interested in seeing how reads pan out.