NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Fatigue settings and OOP players

By TheAdmiral
6/16/2020 11:36 am
"These settings will apply to the player's assigned position, not the position they would be in the lineup for. For example, if you have a linebacker in your depth chart as a defensive back, his fatigue calculation will use the linebacker's setting and not the secondary setting."

I've taken the above from the misc tab in the gameplanning page. In light of the amount of teams using players out of position, I think this needs to be reviewed.

As the rule is now if you convert a DL to CB and play him on the DL, his fatigue will take longer to run down. So not only does he get a speed/acceleration boost on the OL players he also tires slower causing the boost for speed/acceleration to be even more exagerated.

I think each player needs to have a 'stamina' setting based on health/condition and strength. Heavy set linemen should get gassed fairly quickly, Linebackers should be able to go a little longer and Secondary the longest of all - but, it should be based on the position they line up at and not the label on the player card.

I would suggest a stamina setting for each individual which is effected by physical contact in the position they line up at and the size/strength of the opponent they are in contact with.

Re: Fatigue settings and OOP players

By raymattison21
6/16/2020 2:43 pm
I am ok with the misc. settings but i would want individual settings. One reason the my TE is listed at TE and not a FB or even RB is so he wont subbed too early. I will rotate backs but like my TES to play #1 and #2 in multiple TE sets as listed.

Interestingly enough my 250 pound DT does stay on the feild for more snaps than my 300 pounder...at like 10% more due to the 50 pound difference, but that is just more chances for injury.

Fatigue is definitely moderated by how far you run, and other hits have to be coded, but IDK if smaller guys fatigue quicker during pushing and shoving blocking engagements. I agree They should though.

Still, speed differences are not that severe due to fatigue.....its the weight of the players and its just not that large i the first place at the nfl level.

Fatigue in general needs some work as Body mass index should be used in stead of weight. As leaner guys will have better endurance but are more prone to a hit causing an injury ...its really that simple, still freaks, the special ones are outliers .

Shorter(stocky) guys are more durable as they gain weight, but will fatigue more quickly with that trend in weight......we dont have that complexity ....its moderated by weight.

A 6'7 T would be a bit quicker but might get bull rushed by the shorter guy despite the same weight. Other physics are at play and thats why tackles are taller than Gs and RBs arenot 6'7.

This would make posiiton switches harder and close the gaps in speed caused by wieght..... 5'10 DTs playing at 290 pounds should be slower than a 6'4 DE the same weight and as they would get gassed quicker too...