NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Can't poach a coach :)

By CrazySexyBeast
7/15/2020 7:18 pm
ok... not gonna complain if coach poaching is eliminated.
Purposefully waited until now to hire coaching staff.

Trying to hire a position coach - tried many position coached - for an upgrade to a coordinator position.
Can not offer contract. No option to do so.

If removed in current beta, great, actually.
If poaching has not been removed in this version, then I would say it might be a bug?

Any clarity from the group would be much appreciated - this ground has prolly been covered, and my wish list includes a forums that is searchable by filters and more topic specific in results :)
Stay safe, amigos.

Re: Can't poach a coach :)

By CrazySexyBeast
7/15/2020 7:22 pm
if there is a thread and someone willing to link it, i'd be even happier.
Still miss punisher. Neat guy.

By TheAdmiral
7/16/2020 2:09 am
CrazySexyBeast wrote:
ok... not gonna complain if coach poaching is eliminated.
Purposefully waited until now to hire coaching staff.

Trying to hire a position coach - tried many position coached - for an upgrade to a coordinator position.
Can not offer contract. No option to do so.

If removed in current beta, great, actually.
If poaching has not been removed in this version, then I would say it might be a bug?

Any clarity from the group would be much appreciated - this ground has prolly been covered, and my wish list includes a forums that is searchable by filters and more topic specific in results :)
Stay safe, amigos.

If coaches have just signed a new deal then you cannot poach them. Best option otherwise is promote from within and sign a new positional coach

By CrazySexyBeast
7/16/2020 4:42 pm
Agreed, and ty for the response, Admiral :)
However, not a single coach I spot checked - about a dozen - could be upgraded from positional to coordinator.
Either all had been signed/resigned during efa1-4, or...
It would be unusual, admittedly probable, to randomly go 0-12.
There were no issues regarding unemployed.
Just giving a little push to everything in the bleeding engine and seeing what I notice.
I hope I'm not being contrary, but it did seem unusual to not find a single prospect available for a step up the career ladder.

I decided to hire young guns. There is no shortage of high rated coaches here in beta, and I might as well see what I notice.
It's why I am here :)
Last edited at 7/16/2020 4:43 pm

By TheAdmiral
7/16/2020 6:32 pm
CrazySexyBeast wrote:
Agreed, and ty for the response, Admiral :)
However, not a single coach I spot checked - about a dozen - could be upgraded from positional to coordinator.
Either all had been signed/resigned during efa1-4, or...
It would be unusual, admittedly probable, to randomly go 0-12.
There were no issues regarding unemployed.
Just giving a little push to everything in the bleeding engine and seeing what I notice.
I hope I'm not being contrary, but it did seem unusual to not find a single prospect available for a step up the career ladder.

I decided to hire young guns. There is no shortage of high rated coaches here in beta, and I might as well see what I notice.
It's why I am here :)

I think you left it to late to poach