NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Roster Only Coaches

By TheAdmiral
7/22/2020 1:12 pm
There seems to be an issue with roster only as the Coaches all seem to be ultra conservative with the majority of teams posting under 200 passing yards per game.

I was wondering if it is possible to lift gameplans from different owners in the standard game and apply them to the AI coaches as a starting base. Some could be taken from Superbowl winning teams, some from teams that posted losing records. The 'lifted' gameplans could be applied to coaches with the same style (ie pass focused offense, run focused defense (4-3)) or applied randomly which could make a big difference to how a gameplan plays out.

This would make Coaches more relevant in the Roster Only version of the game.

Re: Roster Only Coaches

By CrazySexyBeast
7/30/2020 6:24 pm
My first instinct was "nope. Don't want some one with that access."
Thought 2: There would be anonymity regarding who's game plans where whose.
3: Well, roster only players would be able to just hammer the "set it and forget it" group.
I'm neutral. I'd be okay on one condition:
I would not want my off AND def playbooks on any coach. ...but I could deal with it if perhaps upon coach generation it randomly pulled from the non roster leagues' previous seasons SB winners. (My r/p settings, Admiral's DEF GP, John Doe's DEF playbook, on and on with no repeats for all game planning options.)
That would eliminate any one from realizing that I do this and that person does this in the non roster leagues - and also the rancor from the set it/forget it crowd as well.
It might be a great way to load only new players to (MFN)'s FIRST team only to expose them to "deep thoughts" and encourage customer retention.

Not a bad idea, Admiral. :)
(edits)
Last edited at 7/30/2020 6:27 pm

Re: Roster Only Coaches

By TheAdmiral
7/30/2020 6:31 pm
CrazySexyBeast wrote:
My first instinct was "nope. Don't want some one with that access."
Thought 2: There would be anonymity regarding who's game plans where whose.
3: Well, roster only players would be able to just hammer the "set it and forget it" group.
I'm neutral. I'd be okay on one condition:
I would not want my off AND def playbooks on any coach. ...but I could deal with it if perhaps upon coach generation it randomly pulled from the non roster leagues' previous seasons SB winners. (My r/p settings, Admiral's DEF GP, John Doe's DEF playbook, on and on with no repeats for all game planning options.)
That would eliminate any one from realizing that I do this and that person does this in the non roster leagues - and also the rancor from the set it/forget it crowd as well.
It might be a great way to load only new players to (MFN)'s FIRST team only to expose them to "deep thoughts" and encourage customer retention.

Not a bad idea, Admiral. :)
(edits)

To be fair most (of my) gameplans are so varied that I wouldn't recognise it LOL