NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 3ca6b3df

By raymattison21
7/31/2020 8:29 am
on the other hand the 46 heavy LDE was blocked well in comparison. Small fast defenders were held in check. I cannot say the same for the five technique or blitzes from other formations...they still seem off.

Even in the other league where i am blitzing heavy the blitzers are getting there more often. Thats a good thing, because of the power of a base man under defense, but the oline could easily slide and shuffle who they choose to block intially....half of sacks / pressure are being jaded when you compare to what the nfl will do in the same senerios.

Pass blocking doesnt matter here for these senerios.....well unless there a break tackle and the clean up guy gets credit for the sack......if QBs dont move like now pass blocking needs to be way better.

This is adding to why there are money plays.

By TheAdmiral
7/31/2020 10:06 am
I'm not sure what the problem is with those plays Ray, other than it's your second and third stringers against my first and second stringers. In the first half when you had your starters playing we struggled to make much of an impact.

It looks like overloading the one side leaves one man free to rush/hurry the QB, could be inexperience from the Guard/Tackle but if he doesn't move to his right would that have left an extra rusher on the other side.

Basically, if you put a blocker with 40 speed on the line, you have to expect him to be outmatched on a regular basis. So either 40 speed needs to be closer to 70 speed or you have every player generated with a minimum speed of 60 and if/when they speed drops below 60 he then retires

By raymattison21
7/31/2020 12:03 pm
My second stringers are pretty good. Blame it on my faster C with lower pass block as he generally under performs when pass blocking and so does the team.

Still, oline just doesn't want work that way in real life. We dont have stunts, so everyone should be head up blocking the guys who are most in front of them at the snap. If we had stunts...who would block who?

When guys blitz here it kinda simulates stunts as one or more guys will be hitting a gap and the oline has to decide who to pick up and when. That part needs work...

Guys should be standing there ground per say...never crossing or going behind other linemen to find someone to block. Backs will, but linemen are not supposed to do that.

Most of those plays had no attempt to block the 5 technique end. That part is broke.

If "true speed" is still the culprit then so be it....but thats the main problem in the first place. If were not able to use the whole speed scale then the skill ratings matchups will be very sensitive... exposed to play abuse rating modifactions ,poor reads , or what ever needs work..

Just look at running the ball...It is exploitable .....raise the value of zero speed "a little" and long runs take a huge hit. As you get closer to guys moving at nfl speeds now run blocking and tackle angles need work.