NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

[0.4.6] Version 37f2e746

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/06/2020 7:22 pm
Another update addressing the issues from the last one. Please continue your awesome reports!

Re: [0.4.6] Version 37f2e746

By raymattison21
8/07/2020 11:18 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/11726#2188287

Upbacks still arenot blocking on punts, but i think pass blocking is fixed to an acceptable level.

When defenders are line up off the shoulder of the potential blocker they dont just let them pass. Almost to the point that a 96 speed player don't beat a 300 pounder off the snap ever.

Blitzers are getting picked up by someone on every blitz. We called a 7 man blitz vs. a 6 man blocking front and the edge guy made it through....i felt it was ok, cause the QB could have thrown it away.

If you look at the stats some got better just cause Qbs have a bit more time vs. certain plays. Sacks dropped, which was predicted, but the relation of hurries to sacks has doubled..thats great because we are way low in hurries and sacks now but they are more relational to NFL rates when compared. Causing different reads...not always better ones but perhaps less bad ones. For the first time in a while all teams punted ten times and under.

One issue that would lower sacks even more is the size of a pass blocker. If a tiny guy is blocking a bigger guy he will be lit up....but Cs at 283 pounds seem to be at a disadvantage when facing 300 pounders...240 pounders stand no chance vs 276 pounders. This is a sensitive calculation within those 30 pounds.

I think it the bull rush part that is getting to these Cs ... if they are not getting help from a G on a double it easy to say they are just getting pushed around too easy.

Baltimore CB 3 got to the QB a few times so correct blitz calls might be more effective vs. the pass.....as a few LBs were getting there too. But like i said sacks are at one a game per team. This needs more testing.

We called 21 long passes and was sacked twice by technical and experienced line men. That rate is low based on our previous codes.

Warrior called that rollout play a few times and it seems fixed as well. Qbs are still not running, but my bets are were not far off from opening up QB scrambles again.

Interceptions are still too high but man coverage is still too tight. Raising the zero speed has helped in so many areas but coverage has only gotten better, but it was always Overpowered. Zone is showing as a severe liability agian but we knew that. Long passes seemed down this first week which is a suprise, but 28 starting QBs have 96 or above accuracy...wow not much variance there. I can't wait to see the other beta leagues stats with the lower ratings!

Running is another one to look at closer as there was only two long runs , but one was by a 50 speed RB and the other was by warriors CB....i think we abused that blitz play, but in general we shut his running game down pretty bad. Speed just doesn't matter as much.

Staying on pass blocking the weight of the offensive guy shouldnt matter so much. Centers need to hold that ground a bit better. Tarqs got a bunch of samll guys on the line and he leads the league in sacks, but its kills where pressure should be coming from.

Qbs would roll out everytime cause the heat is coming up the middle mainly due to the Cs weight. Qbs dont scramble so they get sacked or force a throw, which ends up poorly , setting up these WRs at DB or just who ever is there is now a play maker on D.

Fix that bull rush part of the size thing. A240 pound olinemen should get blow away but a 280 pounder should fair a bit better.

Otherwise i like where were at.... a great change for the future, but i think passing will be even better if these DTs are not blowing up plays....I am a bit worried about 250 pound DTs blowing by Gaurds, but that cause they are holding their ground better vs. the run.

Punt blocking is not the best, so that might need a closer look.