NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: EOS Summary (2048)

By CrazySexyBeast
8/31/2020 9:14 am
Just a few quick things I noticed that may be related to the K game/blocking changes...

However, my K (85str, 91acc/71int/68dis) only made ONE attempt over 50 yards (51 yards and successful). My max distances were 52/55 yards in the misc tab - I lowered them from 56/59 in week for week 14 forward.)The rest were 44 yard attempts or less.
I did not use any off rules, and only a 2.3.0 d rule this season.

For the talent I have at WR, my reception % is waaay high. AT week 12, I had 0 WR/TE/RB below 68% catch rate. Right now Id say It's a 70% ish catch rate average, with only 5 players at 64% - 52.9% and 10 at 66.7 - 100% (a guestimated mean of around 74%).

Sack/fumbles seemed up - as Ive rarely had them in the past, and had a few this season (ive also seen an increased in the standard engine leagues - so this may be irrelevant /anomaly.

I'm an abuser of positional over rides, and here in bleeding, my RB numbers are even nuttier than they are in standard, with far less talent at both RB and Oline.

I did not pay much attention to the data for the def backfield, but lower speed players have increased in effectiveness numbers wise (knockdowns catches allowed).

Hurries are higher, sacks are higher - maybe thats way im seeing sack fumbles finally. However, my Dline here is much slower in spd and acceleration than what I use in the alpha leagues.

I am not a databaser, use your brain, I figure.
These are casual observations, and due to RL I have not had the time to run the numbers through my head over a few days.

The so called exploit plays, of course, are still in need of repair - that RB in the flare patter must be fixed.
Last why and how is there a DIME formation 2 LB blitz/ man secondary?
There is only 1 LB in dime, only one listed on the play card, and since i started a few yrs back, this play gives up crazy yards. Perhaps the coding for a phantom LB throwing off the actual MLB in the DIME?

ANyway, that's what I got for now, I'm sure when I get the Led PenZil out and "Rock n' Roll" some numbers through my head, I'll notice more to Ramble On about. :)
Don't "Black Dog" me, bro!
Last edited at 8/31/2020 9:21 am

By CrazySexyBeast
8/31/2020 9:16 am
Oh, and punts within the 20 yd line are way down.

By CrazySexyBeast
8/31/2020 9:23 am
...I'm thinking next season I may make all my Oline Centers to have that 300lb line and see what happens.
Ok, now "I am on my way."

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/31/2020 7:47 pm
It's weird that you're seeing reduced FG accuracy, the only way that the blocking would impact that would be if the FG gets blocked - there is literally only three influences on the kick: the accuracy, strength, and the holder's skill. Longer kicks will be impacted more by the wind, but in general that doesn't make a huge difference. Were there a lot of 50+ misses?

By Infinity on Trial
9/01/2020 12:21 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
It's weird that you're seeing reduced FG accuracy, the only way that the blocking would impact that would be if the FG gets blocked - there is literally only three influences on the kick: the accuracy, strength, and the holder's skill. Longer kicks will be impacted more by the wind, but in general that doesn't make a huge difference. Were there a lot of 50+ misses?

Does the long snapper factor into a kick? Also, the kicker's intel/discipline doesn't matter?

By CrazySexyBeast
9/01/2020 8:54 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

No, just the 1 attempt at 51 yards (successful). 7/7 @ 40+ and 25/27 overall.
Player Card: K Frank Stewart
Player Page: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/15273

My long snapper:
Card: OL William Abner
Page: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/15466
Last edited at 9/01/2020 8:56 pm

By CrazySexyBeast
9/02/2020 8:40 am
Increased maxes to 53/55 yards for wk12, will maintain as such through end of reg season.
In week 12 : K Stewart had successful 47, 49, 32, 32 attempts, and miss 1 FG @ 44 yards.

P Knuass is averaging: 47.7, net 43.8, long 62. 23 of 56 inside the 20.

Is there a way to create a rule to always kick a FG when between the opponent's 40-33 yard line in Beta?
^ please never permit that in alpha lol :)

9/03/2020 10:20 am
Infinity on Trial wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Does the long snapper factor into a kick? Also, the kicker's intel/discipline doesn't matter?

Long snapper skill determines whether the holder will be able to field the snap, but doesn't impact the kick accuracy.

9/03/2020 10:21 am
CrazySexyBeast wrote:
Increased maxes to 53/55 yards for wk12, will maintain as such through end of reg season.
In week 12 : K Stewart had successful 47, 49, 32, 32 attempts, and miss 1 FG @ 44 yards.

P Knuass is averaging: 47.7, net 43.8, long 62. 23 of 56 inside the 20.

Is there a way to create a rule to always kick a FG when between the opponent's 40-33 yard line in Beta?
^ please never permit that in alpha lol :)

LOL, no, and probably not easy enough to add to make it worth it.