NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Waiving players after week 16

By TheAdmiral
11/12/2020 6:29 am
Specifically good players who are about to go out of contract. If they are waived following week 16 but effectively out of contract they should not hit the waiver wire but become 'restricted free agents' (ie cannot play or sign for a new team) until the end of season when they become free agents.

In my opinion, the player is out of contract when his teams season is over and therefore cannot be waived, but could 'speak' with teams (and possibly agree to terms) about a contract beginning in Free Agency 1. Whilst out of contract he could also agree terms with his current team again with the contract beginning in free agency 1 of the following season.

Re: Waiving players after week 16

By Infinity on Trial
11/12/2020 10:40 am
I think a team's roster should be frozen, except for contract extensions, when its season is done (fail to make playoffs or playoff loss).

Re: Waiving players after week 16

By CrazySexyBeast
11/12/2020 11:35 pm
FWIW: They definitely should not hate you.
It's more a matter of OCD if the contract is expiring anyway, and wanting to KNOW post EOS moves.

However, cleaning house of expiring contracts before EOS should not create hostile player/GM relationships.

I guess, what we want is, no penalties for player moves (cuts, etc) made from the end of the regular season through the EOS sim.
We want to be able to prep properly - and see the cap effects ASAP.
Less pencil math = more players lmao :)

Totally get it, which is why I agree: any player cut after the end of the regular season and before EOS, AND would be released anyway due to a contract expiring, should never become less than "Neutral" towards the GM that released them (after end of regular season but "technically" before the end of the player's contract).