NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Upcoming draft and draft board

By phayes526
3/20/2014 9:04 pm
I was wondering if there was a way we could see the upcoming players in the draft any earlier and start working on our draft board. For owners that miss the playoffs completely or owners like myself that are one and done in the playoffs :-) there really isn't anything to do in the game.

I personally get on here everyday and probably spend way too much time trying to plan out my game plans, depth charts, coaches, etc. You could say I'm addicted, but I need some more stuff to do during the off season, especially the early parts.

I don't know what your plans for the game are but I would think that you want players to keep coming back and keep wanting to come back. I could see where the guys towards the bottom or especially the new guys that have recently joined could lose interest since we have at least a couple of weeks until the draft starts.

Possibly even speeding up the sim frequency or something like that during the offseason.

Sorry for such a long post. Just my two cents worth. I really enjoy this game and think its awesome that the guy developing it is so quick to respond to our ideas.

Re: Upcoming draft and draft board

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/21/2014 8:45 am
You're not the first to request that the upcoming draft class be revealed earlier - currently it is created at the end-of-season stage. I actually think it's a good idea to generate the draft class near the end of the season (not too early because I don't want to incentivise tanking, but maybe the end of the regular season). Unfortunately that will require a little bit of strategizing on my end to determine how that will work - maybe I'll be able to make that change before the end of the next season here in MFN-1.

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you're enjoying the game!