NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Some bugs

By Firefly
10/16/2014 11:39 am
In the JAX game there were two very bad bugs. One was a safety for holding in the endzone in which no offensive player but the QB and RB were in the endzone. The other was a two-point conversion in which the defense elected not to take the field. Yup.

Re: Some bugs

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/16/2014 3:28 pm
Firefly wrote:
In the JAX game there were two very bad bugs. One was a safety for holding in the endzone in which no offensive player but the QB and RB were in the endzone. The other was a two-point conversion in which the defense elected not to take the field. Yup.

Holding in the end zone is if the player with the ball is in the end zone, not necessarily the hold itself.

For the 2-point conversion ... that is interesting...

10/16/2014 3:29 pm
... I like how the RB still ran the sweep even though there was no defense.

By RLWJR
10/16/2014 5:20 pm
Hey, I coach them up....... I've drilled into that kids head, time and time again, to run the play as designed...... Apparently he "gets it" now.......

By Firefly
10/16/2014 5:59 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Firefly wrote:

Holding in the end zone is if the player with the ball is in the end zone, not necessarily the hold itself.

For the 2-point conversion ... that is interesting...

I don't think so... are you sure about that?

10/16/2014 7:25 pm
Firefly wrote:
I don't think so... are you sure about that?

Darn you, you have me pouring over the NFL rulebook now. I was looking for evidence to back that up but I'm realizing that I may have incorrectly interpreted the "spot of the foul" as being the spot of the ball at the foul, but that's not what it says, it does say the "spot of the foul" -

By Firefly
10/16/2014 8:59 pm
:D

10/17/2014 8:38 am
I just pushed a change to MFN-1 for the holding penalties - let me know if you see anything wacky on holding calls. I don't expect any issues but the logic is slightly more complicated.