NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Tickets/Roadmap

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
6/03/2015 6:36 am
There have been a couple of comments on the board about not knowing the state of the roadmap, in the interest of transparency I've decided to make the road map public. If you are interested to see what the higher priority items are and what is currently being worked on, you can see if you can make heads or tails out of my system:

https://trello.com/b/RZREvp2T/myfootballnow

I've enabled voting on the cards, honestly don't know how that works since I've never done that before but you are welcome to vote if you so desire and we can see what happens (I think you have to register with Trello to vote).

Thanks again for your patience and support, it means the world to me that you are here!

Re: Tickets/Roadmap

By Gustoon
6/03/2015 11:38 am
Tremendous idea and I think everyone should get as involved as they can, only good can come out of this.
Thanks JDB

By WarEagle
6/30/2017 7:14 am
I see you have the following on the roadmap:

Onside kick being called after a safety (bug)

Why is this considered a bug?

From what I can tell it is legal to attempt an onside kick after a safety. The only difference between a free kick after a safety and a regular free kick (kickoff) is that you can punt the ball after a safety if you choose.

Or is the bug that the Ai decided to attempt the onside kick in a situation where it shouldn't have?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
6/30/2017 8:40 am
I'm still looking for a qualified explanation on the safety free kick onside kick rules. I will probably have to actually look at the official rule book, the NFL rule digest seems to imply that the two situations are different but is more vague than anything.

I just watched the game on 12/18/2014 (Lions vs Packers) where an onside free kick was executed, but it's unclear from watching it whether the Lions successfully recovered it because it was a free kick or if it was because a Packer touched it first. There is also the issue of being able to make a fair catch on a free kick as well, which you can then immediately try an uncontested field goal (anyone ever seen that happen?)
Last edited at 6/30/2017 8:41 am

By WarEagle
6/30/2017 9:10 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

There is also the issue of being able to make a fair catch on a free kick as well, which you can then immediately try an uncontested field goal (anyone ever seen that happen?)

Only in a high school game.

jdavidbakr wrote:

I'm still looking for a qualified explanation on the safety free kick onside kick rules. I will probably have to actually look at the official rule book, the NFL rule digest seems to imply that the two situations are different but is more vague than anything.

From the 2016 NFL Rulebook:

RULE 6. FREE KICKS
SECTION 1 - PROCEDURES FOR A FREE KICK
    ARTICLE 1
    . FREE KICK
    A free kick is a kickoff or safety kick that puts the ball in play to start a free kick down...

ARTICLE 4. CATCH OR RECOVERY OF A FREE KICK
    The following applies to the catch or recovery of a free kick:

• If a player of the receiving team catches or recovers the ball, he may advance.

• If the ball is declared dead while in the simultaneous possession of two opposing players, the ball is awarded to the receiving team.

• A player of the kicking team may legally touch, catch, or recover the ball if:
    it first touches a receiving team player; or
    it reaches or crosses the receiving team’s restraining line.

• The ball is dead if it is caught or recovered by a player of the kicking team. If the catch or recovery is legal, the ball belongs to the kicking team at the dead-ball spot.

• If the ball comes to rest inbounds after reaching the receiving team’s restraining line and no player attempts to possess it, the ball becomes dead and belongs to the receiving team at the dead-ball spot.