NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Blowout prevention logic

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/10/2015 11:01 am
I'm removing the blowout prevention logic in beta starting in the next sim. Basically this gave a slight decrease in attribute values when a team was ahead by a large amount, in order to prevent scores like 80 - 3. I'm curious to know how much this impacts games, and also if there are other factors that improve a team that's behind's ability to close the gap, so I'm turning this off. If it goes well I'll include this in the 0.3.1 release.

Re: Blowout prevention logic

By oukjweather
8/10/2015 11:42 am
An idea I had on this. What if instead of reducing a teams attributes during a blowout, the home teams homefield advantage got reduced to 0. I know its hardly any impact as is, but I think it would be realistic. If a game is blow out, fans are not going to be as loud or rowdy in general and are more likely to leave early.

Re: Blowout prevention logic

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/10/2015 11:55 am
oukjweather wrote:
An idea I had on this. What if instead of reducing a teams attributes during a blowout, the home teams homefield advantage got reduced to 0. I know its hardly any impact as is, but I think it would be realistic. If a game is blow out, fans are not going to be as loud or rowdy in general and are more likely to leave early.

That is a good idea.