NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

AI and Auto Depth Chart

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/12/2015 8:05 pm
I just pushed a patch into MFN-1 where the AI will _never_ change your depth chart (I hope). It will activate/deactivate players but won't shuffle your depth chart, ever, as long as it is a human controlled team - even if your depth chart is completely empty.

If anyone wants to roll the dice and see if it works as expected, feel free to - in general, though, be sure to let me know if the depth chart does anything odd for anyone!

Re: AI and Auto Depth Chart

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/12/2015 8:18 pm
I should also say that this is going to use your depth chart to decide what players to activate/deactivate, as well as their injury status. The formula is:

Current Rating * Health / Depth Chart Depth

where health is a value of 0 (out) to 1 (healthy). If the player is not in the depth chart then it uses a value of 10. The goal here is not to have an accurate evaluation of the players (the AI will continue to use the previous method of setting the depth chart) but instead to try to make the AI roster movements as painless as possible.