NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Missed Tackle/Broken Tackles

By Morbid
8/20/2015 3:28 pm
I still think this is very high and needs adjustments, not really seeing much a difference between the elite tacklers and the mediocre ones. Players with 25+ missed tackles a season is way to much.

DB's do a better job open tackling against HB then they do WR's also. I would think a HB with 100 break tackle would fair better then a WR with 100 break tackle.

Re: Missed Tackle/Broken Tackles

By mrfakename
8/21/2015 8:15 am
http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/3619#644739

I do not know if this was a broken tackle, but my 85 speed 200 lb CB cant catch a 73 speed 250 lb TE. The play was early in the second half. They should have been pretty fresh. Would 100 ball carry make the TE that much faster? Maybe I'm missing something here, but perhaps strength and/or speed ratios compared to player size might need a tweaking. Big guys should get caught from behind and little guys shouldn't be breaking too many tackles.
Last edited at 8/21/2015 8:18 am

By Morbid
8/21/2015 8:19 am
I would think he would catch him unless maybe he has some sort of injury. I didnt research the players.

By mrfakename
8/22/2015 3:25 am
Morbid wrote:
I would think he would catch him unless maybe he has some sort of injury. I didnt research the players.

Another 88 speed CB had no trouble catching up in comparison. Also a 73 speed LB even gained more ground. Its not right. Even a DE was keeping my 85 speed CBs pace. Some attribute hit is taking place. I just wish I knew which applies here. Or I should change my values on speed/strength.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/22/2015 9:05 am
What is the weight differential? Heavier players' 100 speed is slower than lighter players' 100 speed.

By Thor
8/22/2015 10:12 am
Morbid wrote:
I still think this is very high and needs adjustments, not really seeing much a difference between the elite tacklers and the mediocre ones. Players with 25+ missed tackles a season is way to much.

DB's do a better job open tackling against HB then they do WR's also. I would think a HB with 100 break tackle would fair better then a WR with 100 break tackle.

Has it been verified by JDB what is being counted as missed tackle?

I think I read somewhere that maybe a player would get credited with a missed tackle if he makes initial contact, and another player comes in and "cleans up", and the second player gets credited with the tackle.

I wouldn't consider that a missed tackle.

Has it been confirmed what is actually being recorded as a missed tackle?

By mrfakename
8/22/2015 10:17 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
What is the weight differential? Heavier players' 100 speed is slower than lighter players' 100 speed.

#85 TE has 73 speed. Hes 6'4 257lbs
#30 DB has 85 at 6'1 201lb looks as if he barely gained ground.
#43 DB has 88 speed at 5'9 193lbs. He comes in to the view late as he was blocked early on. He flew.
DE #99 has 73 speed at 6'3 276lb and he seems to keep pace.

All look good except #30. He should have caught up relatively quick like #43. The TE is 73 speed and he out ran a DB that was 56lb lighter and 13 points faster. Thats backwards.

By Morbid
8/22/2015 1:35 pm
Thor wrote:
Morbid wrote:

Has it been verified by JDB what is being counted as missed tackle?

I think I read somewhere that maybe a player would get credited with a missed tackle if he makes initial contact, and another player comes in and "cleans up", and the second player gets credited with the tackle.

I wouldn't consider that a missed tackle.

Has it been confirmed what is actually being recorded as a missed tackle?

You can notice this big time on just a lot of opening Kick offs, the defensive players stats will show sometimes 3+ players instantly with no stats so i am assuming these are all counted as missed tackles.

I still believe its to high and trust me I usually am a run first type of offense so this isnt me saying something that will help my offense.

RB's can still destroy very good D-Linemen and LB's but get tackled by weaker secondary. Its not honestly the amount of missed as to who is doing all the missed tackles. Tackling ability needs to be adjusted to have more of an impact on the player skills IMO.

By Wolfpack
8/23/2015 9:26 am
The full stats of the TE are: 88 acceleration, 100 ball carry, 100 break tackle and 73 speed.

It looks like the ball carry has some effect on movement with the ball. The CB missed the tackle after the catch (he has a low tackle rating and is much lighter) then slowly re-accelerated but couldn't chase him down.

By mrfakename
8/23/2015 1:38 pm
Wolfpack wrote:
The full stats of the TE are: 88 acceleration, 100 ball carry, 100 break tackle and 73 speed.

It looks like the ball carry has some effect on movement with the ball. The CB missed the tackle after the catch (he has a low tackle rating and is much lighter) then slowly re-accelerated but couldn't chase him down.

I thought when they missed tackles the players name turns yellow or highlights, but since the missed tackle is not viewed in the game(view) stats it just highlights. I did not see a highlight over his name and number on that play. That is why I wondering if it is even a broken tackle. BUT if it is the stamina penalty for missing a tackle? I think that may be too high then. He should have caught him according to wieght/speed. OH well...Ball carry maybe?, but I've never heard that to increase speed. Thanks for looking at it, cause #30 seemed to be running slow.
Last edited at 8/23/2015 5:10 pm