NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

New punt code update

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/23/2015 1:12 pm
I just pushed some new code for punt plays - feel free to make any comments on any changes you notice during the next pre-season game, especially if things go weird.

Re: New punt code update

By Black Adder
9/24/2015 5:00 am
Just on the view of 1 pre-season game it looks very promising IMO.

The Outside Gunners got past the blockers every time and forced the Punt Returner inside into the coverage for probably a 15 yard return on average.
The one big return was when the Returner saw this developing and made a great decision and cut and was forced out of bounds by the Punter.

Nice patch JDB ,looking forward to see how the returns that go the distance are scored.

Re: New punt code update

By jsid
9/24/2015 9:02 am
Yeah, it's a noticeable improvement. I would venture to say that the gunners seal the edges maybe a bit too hard. If the first cut is directly downfield, it's pretty easy to avoid the gunners and you're hoping that one of the slots gets past a block and can make the tackle. I feel like this will decrease avg punt return yds, but increase the mean as well.