NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Kicking Defense

By Tecra031
10/01/2015 12:05 pm
Just throwing this out there...I have yet to see a blocked/tipped fg, xp, or punt in MFN. It happens pretty regularly in the NFL on any given weekend. I am not saying to crank it way up, but would be nice to see this facet of the game show itself once in a while.

Also, maybe a kick that bounces off the upright (either good or bad bounce) would be fun to see as well.

Just a couple of thoughts to add to the experience

Re: Kicking Defense

By Morbid
10/02/2015 4:48 pm
I have seen quite a few actually, well never a punt but have seen xp and FG's blocked. They will register as a low kick and not say blocked. Now I have never seen a blocked FG picked up and ran after by the defense

By RLWJR
10/03/2015 12:04 am
I have seen either a fumbled snap where the holder picked it up and ran about 2 feet, or it was supposed to be a fake FG....... either way, I've only seen it once.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/03/2015 9:25 am
FGs do get blocked, the logic is there for punts to get blocked but the players are unable to get to the punter fast enough. That is something I have on the list to look at, the punter is probably too quick to get the ball off right now.