NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

End of year 2025 thoughts.

By Wolfpack
2/01/2016 1:09 pm
Great season as always and I appreciate the hard work on the game. Here are some thoughts & feedback.

Offense:
-I think the offense is generally working well with a good balance of running and passing both working well. I wouldn't tinker much with this as it seems to be in a overall great place.
-Pass rush: lots of sacks again this year and it seems to me (from the games I've watched) that most of the sacks come as coverage sacks where the QB holds the ball too long. About 20-25% seem to be from blitzs or where the DL simply beats his man off the ball. Might want to look at a slight adjustment in how the QB throws the ball away or looks for a check down. I think the OL/DL interaction is great. My team had a huge jump in sacks given up this year and the major change only was the QB (who has better ratings) so I'm not sure if something else was tweeked here?
-Safeties: This is pretty much related to the above pass rush comments. My team took a record number of safeties this year, maybe adjust how the QB gets the ball out backed up like that?

Defense:
-No real comments here, seems to be working very well.

Special Teams:
-Punter return adjustments seem to have worked well and toned down the general returns while still letting playmakers bust long returns.

Front Office:
-Salary cap/players salaries: I still think this is a large issue and the top player salaries are way too low still. Really no one is using their whole cap and it should be hard to keep a team intact. Right now you can keep what ever talent you draft plus continue the process of trading free agents for more picks. So really its a method of using your un-used cap space for dead money on your traded FA's. I'd like to see that loop hole closed down.

Overall the game engine is in great shape, good job on that. I think a continued adjustment to the salary will finish off the front office part then I think its good to go and you can focus on adding some expanded features and depth items. I'd especially love to be able to adjust playing time by position, I think that would add a lot of strategy for teams. Just my $02. Thanks for the hard work as always.

Re: End of year 2025 thoughts.

By Tecra031
2/01/2016 1:21 pm
+1

I think Wolfpack is spot on with this. The only difference I saw was on the number of safeties. While we gave up a few, i didn't notice any significant increase.

The one thing I would add is it seems broken tackles are a bit exaggerated. Breaking one, maybe two, is pretty normal...but I have seen a lot of RBs break through 4-5 defenders quite frequently, part of that also being on the defender's angle of pursuit/attack (I think that could use a minor tweak as well, as I see some pretty bad pursuit angles every game from both teams).

Overall, I would say this game gets better every season. Ty JDB for making this game fun (and incredibly addictive for some)!

By jsid
2/01/2016 2:28 pm
Wolfpack wrote:

Front Office:
-Salary cap/players salaries: I still think this is a large issue and the top player salaries are way too low still. Really no one is using their whole cap and it should be hard to keep a team intact. Right now you can keep what ever talent you draft plus continue the process of trading free agents for more picks. So really its a method of using your un-used cap space for dead money on your traded FA's. I'd like to see that loop hole closed down.

+1 to all Wolfpack's points. I would caution that Passing might go OP is the sacks/throwaways are corrected with no counter-balance

For the Front Office part, I think that guaranteed money requests should be 2-3 times higher than what it currently is. Right now, the only challenge in Free Agency is managing retiring vets. Without changes, this next offseason ATL is going to get a ton of dead cap off the books and I'm going to overspend on Vets, then the next two seasons will be spent recovering from the cap hits from retired players. When this game is out of Beta, I really don't think bonus money should be paid out to players who retire, though I support the way it's currently working out since it's the only difficult part about free agency.

By ibblacklavender02
2/01/2016 10:30 pm
Spot on Wolfpack! This is a GM sim and the Front Office area imo is lacking! Teams shouldn't be able to afford 15+ 90+ rated players!! You should have serious decisions to make after the initial rookie contract.....
Last edited at 2/01/2016 10:31 pm

By Wolfpack
2/02/2016 9:52 am
Another notice is the coaching salaries are way crazy. I don't put a whole lot of thought into coaching atm but that whole system could use a bit of a make over at some point.

Be nice to see coaching changes and even player changes have an effect on game outcomes with some sort of familiarity or chemistry type trait. I know the "learning the plays" has some of that effect in it but a team should have some benefit for keeping a staff or unit (say OL for example) together.

By Black Adder
2/02/2016 10:01 am
Wolfpack wrote:
but a team should have some benefit for keeping a staff or unit (say OL for example) together.

Was thinking this very same thought Wolfie.

If your OL had the same 5 starters for say, 5 games in a row,for until that streak ended ,you`d get a bonus on Run Blocking & Pass Blocking.

By Morbid
2/02/2016 12:18 pm
I think the major part of the cap is that the drafts lately besides QB's has been pretty lame so teams are holding on to players and being able to sign them for much smaller contracts. The FA pool the last 3 seasons has been total garbage unless your spending high on rent a players thus creating tons of cap space for the next season. Teams that rotate players for picks in this league are the teams that will remain on top.