NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat - Version 0.2 - Offensive Changes

QB Progression

By ZootMurph
10/07/2013 5:18 pm
My biggest pet peeve on offense is the QB progression on various plays. There is a play called slot drag, which is a short pass play, but the drag WR never seems to get looked at, even though he is OFTEN open. I assume that the play is called slot drag because the slot receiver is the primary receiver...

So, I'd like a way to know what the progression of the QB is during a play.

You could do this by having something that explains how each play works. Or, in the replay, you could have a cone where the QB is looking... wider for a bigger Field of Vision... OR, you can have a line from the QB to the receiver he is looking at, as he changes receivers, the line changes.

I think the cone or line would be especially interesting when the QB rolls out or scrambles.

Anyway, it drives me batty when a QB has time and there is a WIDE open receiver that never gets thrown to... And it's just because I don't understand what is going on.

Also, on the same topic but just a question... does Intelligence play a part in a QBs progression?

Re: QB Progression

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/07/2013 7:05 pm
It does, but the progression currently weighs each receiver - weighing the #1 higher, then the #2, etc - as well as the route distance (short, medium, long) and each eligible receiver gets a weight, which is then sorted (with a random weight added based on the QB's experience so possibly mix things up).

It would be interesting to give you more control over that somehow, maybe the ability to set the read progression for each offensive pass play in each situation.

Re: QB Progression

By ZootMurph
10/07/2013 7:11 pm
I'd love that... especially since, as you watch some plays, you start seeing some things... some plays the same guy is open often... I'd like to be able to coach my QB to throw to a specific players on specific plays :)