NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Preventing Player Dumping

By nero
10/02/2013 12:42 pm
chinaski wrote:
Ah man that sucks! The AI cut all my tackles hah

Yeah, I had a feeling this wasn't a human thing :)

By chinaski
10/02/2013 12:45 pm
What I dont understand is why isnt there any checking pre extension offer to insure you cant go over the current cap? I made my extension offers thinking I was fine, since I was allowed to make the offers. The extension should fail the next sim if it puts you over the cap.

So now ive lost one of the best tackles in the league and NYJ just gets to scoop him up and sign him to a incredibly low contact? Thats not fair at all.

Also, why did it take two weeks for it to cut my players? I had a warning at the top of the page saying I needed to be under cap by the first preseason game this coming year. I thought I was fine, since the game told me I was fine. Even according to my team finances I was 350k~ under current cap.

TLDR; I didnt do anything wrong, game said I was cool, then dumps my players with no warning. Should get my stud tackle back.

By nero
10/02/2013 12:48 pm
I'm pretty sure that the calculation about going over the cap only applies to your current contracts.

So if you're making 5 offers during the same sim, none of those screens will take into account the pending offers that you just made.

Jon, please correct me if I'm wrong.

By chinaski
10/02/2013 12:52 pm
nero wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the calculation about going over the cap only applies to your current contracts.

So if you're making 5 offers during the same sim, none of those screens will take into account the pending offers that you just made.

Jon, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thats what im already assuming. So when the next sim is run, it should 'go down the list' of offers made and once you hit the cap on your extensions, it should reject all other offers down the list.

Whats frustrating is the warning that was on top of the page this last week said I was fine till next season. And my current finances said I was UNDER the cap currently. It literally said I was all good right now. All I thought is that I had to get things in order come the start of next year.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/02/2013 12:55 pm
I'd love to correct you, Nero, but you are correct. The team finances are from the most recent sim, not considering pending actions. Now, once you got the over the cap warning it should have showed you over the cap. I need to probably consider including pending contracts and cuts in the finance display at least for your own team.

The game in its original state did not allow you to make offers that sent you over the cap. During beta testing this caused issues in free agency because you couldn't sign players without first making cap room, so it was decided to allow you to overspend and have the game stages cut players for you if you were still over the cap. What I didn't consider is how that would affect renegotiations during the season.

I've put this on as a high priority fix to not allow you to sign anyone that takes you over the cap during the season, hopefully before MFN-2 hits their season. I did put the players that didn't get snagged back on your roster and opened back up some cap room, but it's a little bit too far gone to try to undo the one that got signed by NJY.

10/02/2013 12:58 pm
chinaski wrote:
And my current finances said I was UNDER the cap currently. It literally said I was all good right now. All I thought is that I had to get things in order come the start of next year.

Are you referring to the section on the team page? I did notice on the midweek before this happened that your cap room was negative on your team page (I was there checking on your quarterback's progress) but didn't think anything of it since I assumed you were halfway through some roster work. If there's another place that's showing incorrect cap numbers I need to fix that.

By chinaski
10/02/2013 1:11 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
chinaski wrote:
And my current finances said I was UNDER the cap currently. It literally said I was all good right now. All I thought is that I had to get things in order come the start of next year.

Are you referring to the section on the team page? I did notice on the midweek before this happened that your cap room was negative on your team page (I was there checking on your quarterback's progress) but didn't think anything of it since I assumed you were halfway through some roster work. If there's another place that's showing incorrect cap numbers I need to fix that.

Off of the team home page, the finances at the top of the page. It was most definitely wasn't showing a negative under "Room under cap". I was around 350k~ pre all my tackles being released. I was paying very close attention, due to that red banner warning I saw every time I logged in. Also, that warning is wrong. It literally said I needed to get under cap by preseason week 1 next season. Said nothing about cutting players this year for me, said nothing about me being over the cap this current season. Nothing. I literally thought based off of next years contracts I would be over cap. Thats it. Nothing showed or told me I was currently over cap. You shouldnt be allowed to be over cap, at all, that in part enforced my thinking on the situation.
So not only did I lose my best OL, I resigned him prior and now have even more cap/bonus debt to cover and another team gets him for a fraction of what I had him signed too.

By nero
10/02/2013 1:14 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
but it's a little bit too far gone to try to undo the one that got signed by NJY.

The Jersey could always waive him and let Seattle resign him.

10/02/2013 1:22 pm
nero wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
but it's a little bit too far gone to try to undo the one that got signed by NJY.

The Jersey could always waive him and let Seattle resign him.

If Tecra would approve I'll move him back to Seattle's roster (to avoid the cap hit that Tecra would get by releasing him)

And to reiterate what chinaski said, this is a huge hole in the game that I am honestly probably more upset than he is that I missed. Obviously I totally missed it since the warning only is accurate if you are in pre-season.

10/02/2013 2:47 pm
I got confirmation and have moved the player back to Seattle and put the player that NJY cut back on his team.

Note that this CAN happen again, so as you are renegotiating _make_sure_you_have_cap_room_ as the game currently WILL NOT prevent you from digging your grave. I'll let you know when this is fixed.

Also know that if a player makes a request for renegotiation you don't need to offer him more than he's asking. He will often even take your offer if you offer him less than he's asking as long as the total bonus is equal to or exceeds what he's asking (it's all about the guaranteed cash). I've had some good suggestions on this page and am planning to implement them to give more control over your offers.