NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Washington???

By Beercloud
4/25/2018 10:35 am
Thinking out loud here.

Soft cap / Hard cap
(not as complicated as the NBA though)

Example:
Cap 100m (numbers are only for example)

Soft cap would be 100m to 120m. A team could be over the 100m but under 120m from FA 1 until camp(before). This would give teams in cap trouble time to deal players to get under 100m and also allow them to use all their draft picks as to not hurt the team.

Hard cap. A team could never go over the 120m hard cap. Offers that put them over this get rejected by the system. Same with the 100m from camp to FA1 of the following season. System would drop players and reject offers to keep them under this cap.

Which players for the system to get rid off:
This is the tricky part. It's easy to just get rid of the top salaries to get a team under the cap but that too can contribute to hurting the team. Maybe keep the top 5 default rated players and then start dishing players by salary. Maybe only allow x number of max contracts per team?

Draft Pick Penalty:
Taking draft picks away from a team would only further destroy the team for the next owner. Which in rare cases might be a bad GM's intention to attempt to ruin a team and forfeit draft picks so other teams(or their multi team) can move up in the draft. So i think this penalty should be avoided in public leagues.

By mardn72
4/25/2018 10:38 am
Love the idea of the soft/hard cap. I know I've gone over for a few period during the draft before cutting players/voiding contracts.

By raymattison21
4/25/2018 2:24 pm
Alot of the suggestions would work.

Lately I have been taking on the worst cap strapped teams. THe worst situation I have ran into put me over the cap 3.5 mil..... In pigskin .Really it's not bad I coold cut one twelve year player and save that money. Done. But I wanted to wait till after camp cause it was the rookies that put me over the cap. All of them busted so maybe I will cut a bunch of them cause that vet is decent .

The main point here is that I would like it to mimic the nfl and I see if a team couldn't go over the cap in the first place alot would be avoided .

I like a hard cap but a team would have two spins to clear up any debt ....that is only available to teams that cut or traded players. Jus t like the nfl.

If you are loading up on FA s during the first few weeks of FA and go 20 mil over I don't think the same forgiveness should be there. Really that cap should be hard.

Perhaps having bids in real time would allow for a more realistic and accurate use of a teams cap. I think it would replicate the use of an agent a bit better as well.

By punisher
4/25/2018 7:14 pm
mardn72 wrote:
Update. 137M over the cap. Guessing most of the roster will have to be cut to get under.

new update : 147M over the cap

looks like washington is going for a record .

By Beercloud
4/26/2018 10:14 am
He has reached out for help.

By punisher
5/10/2018 1:18 pm
looks like he abandoned washington

here = https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/team/20

they have only 26 players signed
got 16 contracts offers

still in trouble though Room under cap: $-34,216,360