NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Week 2

By Detroit Leo
9/29/2014 9:57 am
Makes sense to me. Defenses would adjust one way or the other. How would this affect the rules. What if I passed heavy for the first half due to custom rules then ran heavy the 2nd half? Haha.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/29/2014 10:02 am
Detroit Leo wrote:
Makes sense to me. Defenses would adjust one way or the other. How would this affect the rules. What if I passed heavy for the first half due to custom rules then ran heavy the 2nd half? Haha.

:-) The way the logic will work is that the defense would use its regular rules if the play is not out of balance.

So, if you have been passing 75% of the time, and you call a pass play, there will be a 50% chance that the defense will play a pass-emphasis defense, even if their gameplan doesn't call for it. (All the other gameplan settings would not change). If you call a run play, then the regular defensive rules would apply. So you could use rules to have a pass-heavy first half and a run-heavy second half - which would eliminate the defense being able to adjust, and also would bring your play calling back into balance, which ultimately is in line with my goal to discourage overloading one play type over another.

By Detroit Leo
9/29/2014 10:15 am
I personally think the issue is the completion %. QBs throw at covered WRs and they seem to catch the ball very consistently while open WRs seem to drop the ball more. It is frustrating. Anyway, not sure if your adjustments will work with the current mechanics. Might cause some more INTs though. We will see.

By Firefly
9/29/2014 1:37 pm
Detroit Leo wrote:
I personally think the issue is the completion %. QBs throw at covered WRs and they seem to catch the ball very consistently while open WRs seem to drop the ball more. It is frustrating. Anyway, not sure if your adjustments will work with the current mechanics. Might cause some more INTs though. We will see.

I also find that frustrating. The number of DBs all over the WR doesn't seem to make the catch more difficult at all, even if it's three or four.

9/29/2014 1:51 pm
Firefly wrote:
I also find that frustrating. The number of DBs all over the WR doesn't seem to make the catch more difficult at all, even if it's three or four.

I'll revisit that logic, the probability is decreased based on the surrounding defenders but its effect may need to be adjusted.

By Davesgang
9/30/2014 9:13 am
If you can increase the impact of rushers in close proximity to the qb too.

By Wolfpack
9/30/2014 4:16 pm
Firefly wrote:
Detroit Leo wrote:

Agree here.

9/30/2014 4:25 pm
Wolfpack wrote:
Firefly wrote:
Detroit Leo wrote:

Agree here.

Got a fix in testing right now, still tweaking it (my first run at it resulted in WR's dropping passes if a DB was within 10 yards of him ... you put a little pressure on the electrons, they totally freak out, then you have to talk them back down off the ledge ... you know how it goes.)

Also, enjoy your onsides kick uber success, because at the same time I'm testing some changes to that as well.

By Wolfpack
10/01/2014 6:25 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:
Firefly wrote:
Detroit Leo wrote:

Agree here.

Got a fix in testing right now, still tweaking it (my first run at it resulted in WR's dropping passes if a DB was within 10 yards of him ... you put a little pressure on the electrons, they totally freak out, then you have to talk them back down off the ledge ... you know how it goes.)

Also, enjoy your onsides kick uber success, because at the same time I'm testing some changes to that as well.

We had two in a row onside kicks go against us last game so I am a fan of toning that down for sure.