NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: It's Week 9

By chinaski
5/26/2015 2:40 pm
oukjweather wrote:
chinaski wrote:
What an absolutely stupid game. We intercept them on the 10 in OT and dont kick the FG?

On the other hand, going backwards 16 yards on the drive and attempting a 44 yard field goal isn't exactly automatically makable for most kickers in the NFL. Except for that 1 kick when it counted most, the Seattle kicker had a phenomenal day going 5/6 with 2 of them being greater than 50 yards.

Well, there should have no drive to begin with. We should have kicked the FG the very first play. Makes no sense.

By martinwarnett
5/26/2015 4:06 pm
Eh, honestly don't care. Missing the 44 yarder balances out the 56 yarder made in I believe the last second to get into OT.

Better team won and all that...

By Cork55
5/26/2015 7:27 pm
chinaski wrote:
oukjweather wrote:
chinaski wrote:
What an absolutely stupid game. We intercept them on the 10 in OT and dont kick the FG?

On the other hand, going backwards 16 yards on the drive and attempting a 44 yard field goal isn't exactly automatically makable for most kickers in the NFL. Except for that 1 kick when it counted most, the Seattle kicker had a phenomenal day going 5/6 with 2 of them being greater than 50 yards.

Well, there should have no drive to begin with. We should have kicked the FG the very first play. Makes no sense.

I just watched the end of your game and outside of maybe running 1 play to better locate the ball, there is absolutely no way any team would have run 3 plays like that in OT when they are on the 10 yard line. I fail to see what logic any coach would use to justify running more than 1 play here.

I think the OT logic needs some sort of logic to allow a team to automatically kick the game winning FG from the 10 yd line especially after both teams have had an OT possession.

By chinaski
5/26/2015 7:31 pm
Cork55 wrote:
chinaski wrote:
oukjweather wrote:
chinaski wrote:

I just watched the end of your game and outside of maybe running 1 play to better locate the ball, there is absolutely no way any team would have run 3 plays like that in OT when they are on the 10 yard line. I fail to see what logic any coach would use to justify running more than 1 play here.

I think the OT logic needs some sort of logic to allow a team to automatically kick the game winning FG from the 10 yd line especially after both teams have had an OT possession.

Yeah, exactly. I see this as a bug. There's not a coach in the NFL who wouldnt have kicked the FG, outside of maybe running one run play to place the ball where the kicker wants it.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/26/2015 7:57 pm
chinaski wrote:
[Yeah, exactly. I see this as a bug. There's not a coach in the NFL who wouldnt have kicked the FG, outside of maybe running one run play to place the ball where the kicker wants it.

You are correct, I'll push a patch tonight - the reason it's not there now is because at what point to you play for better field position - should it automatically kick a field goal if you are in your defined field goal range, or should you play for better field position? I think I'll assign it as inside the 20 - I know my "normal" field goal range is further than I'd want to kick a field goal in OT but any kicker should be able to kick a field goal inside the 20. Of course, it also must only fire when a field goal will actually win the game so you'll still need to go for a TD if the other team hasn't had the ball yet.

By jsid
5/26/2015 9:45 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
chinaski wrote:
[Yeah, exactly. I see this as a bug. There's not a coach in the NFL who wouldnt have kicked the FG, outside of maybe running one run play to place the ball where the kicker wants it.

You are correct, I'll push a patch tonight - the reason it's not there now is because at what point to you play for better field position - should it automatically kick a field goal if you are in your defined field goal range, or should you play for better field position? I think I'll assign it as inside the 20 - I know my "normal" field goal range is further than I'd want to kick a field goal in OT but any kicker should be able to kick a field goal inside the 20. Of course, it also must only fire when a field goal will actually win the game so you'll still need to go for a TD if the other team hasn't had the ball yet.

Is there any way we could make that a slider setting? In Cust-10 my kicker would miss from the 10, so I'd go for it.

By chinaski
5/26/2015 10:31 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
chinaski wrote:

Maybe a slider like jsid mentioned would be best. But inside the 20 works just fine too, like you said, any kicker should be expected to make that.

By Wolfpack
5/26/2015 10:54 pm
Black Adder wrote:
GG Wolfpack

That was a close game that I feel the Fins deserved to win,but to run the defending Bowl Champs that close, shows me we`re not that far away,just a pity the Pats and Jets keep on winning!

GG Miami…yes that was a challenge. Strong team you have there, our defense bailed us out of dire straits. I am pretty sure your WR has been using stick'em, we will be watching him in the future. :)

By jsid
5/26/2015 11:01 pm
chinaski wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
chinaski wrote:

Maybe a slider like jsid mentioned would be best. But inside the 20 works just fine too, like you said, any kicker should be expected to make that.

http://cust10.myfootballnow.com/watch/589#109574

Game went in to overtime. Kicker then missed two game winners.
Last edited at 5/26/2015 11:02 pm

By Gustoon
5/26/2015 11:56 pm
jsid wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
chinaski wrote:

Is there any way we could make that a slider setting? In Cust-10 my kicker would miss from the 10, so I'd go for it.

Bwhaha, thats the meth hes on
Last edited at 5/26/2015 11:58 pm