NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

M2M, B&R, Speed

By setherick
9/29/2018 10:30 am
OK - I have been working on updating the most important weights post, but there are parts of 0.4.3 that I don't have completely figured out now. How do these three attributes work together = B&R, Speed, and M2M.

In 0.4.2, B&R was more important than M2M because bad B&R just let WRs run free, which turned all coverage into SP vs SP.

In 0.4.3, B&R will slow down a WR down field if the DB wins the B&R vs B&R Avoid roll. But what happens when the WR wins? Are we back to SP vs SP?

In 0.4.2, M2M only kept the DB close when the WR broke on a route. Everything else was SP vs SP.

In 0.4.3, M2M keeps DBs close on the break and when the WR stutters, but what happens after a WR wins the stutter? Is it just SP vs SP at that case?

If I'm right, then most important CB weights should be SP, B&R, and M2M still.

Re: M2M, B&R, Speed

By raymattison21
9/30/2018 1:40 pm
This is the best to my knowledge of how it works . Definitely correct me, but it would seem longer passes (time in the pocket ) would allow for more speed, route, man senerios .

Still, currently I have speed at 97, man at 84, acceleration at 77, and bump at 75 for cbs . I like to think acceleration is overrated and could function at half that.

Speed vs. Speed is rolled to determine the bump or cushion
B & R would then roll . ..
If you win or lose ......
Then speed/ acceleration take over until a pass is thrown , route ends or.....
Route vs man is rolled because of cut (this probably includes end route senerios )
And speed and acceleration take over again until . ....
there is a stutter or end route senerio . ...
Then route vs man is rolled again . ...
Speed/acceleration are used again until a pass, route ends or another cut

And some where in there is man vs route possibly slowing recievers down. When ? I am not sure any of it works such but. Perhaps in tandem with every man route roll.

To me losing the B &R is rough but guys standing there in the dust makes nothing else matter. There alot of opportunity for man v. Route rolls to go your way but not enough to counter speed /acceleration in general on alot of levels.

4.2 I definitely got away with lesser B &R and B&R avoidance . Still, there is no real cushion . They just play off and go in to trail as the wr passes them.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/01/2018 8:11 am
Yes, I think what you describe is correct. Ideally the higher B&R/M2M (vs B&R avoid and Route Running, respectively) should counteract Speed vs Speed, but if the DB loses the dice roll then their ability to recover will be Speed vs Speed.

By raymattison21
10/01/2018 2:34 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Yes, I think what you describe is correct. Ideally the higher B&R/M2M (vs B&R avoid and Route Running, respectively) should counteract Speed vs Speed, but if the DB loses the dice roll then their ability to recover will be Speed vs Speed.

I am playing some sub 70 speed cbs in LG 75 and they are getting torched . My plan is by the end of the season I should see improvement . They do have a decent number of penalties applied. One is overweight and learning the position and both are 2yr experience . So many catch overs that immediately result in a broken tackle then TD. Take those away and maybe....these guys have high tackle?

Really , I think it was ares was who suggested adding another level of deeper cushion somehow. Like, Letting the dbs always attempt to stay behind the recievers . Cause like 25 yards is as deep as they get before the ball gets there and the wr is past.

I am excited to see how the new passing algorithms look vs. These and other situations .

By setherick
10/01/2018 2:38 pm
Ray - Remember that 0.4.2 has the nasty engagement bug that affects 1/4 of all passes regardless of SP.

By Infinity on Trial
10/01/2018 8:10 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
I am playing some sub 70 speed cbs in LG 75 and they are getting torched

The speed ratings in this game smack of gross incompetence. It should not be easier to find a lineman with speed above 80 than a DB. The fastest lineman should be slower than the slowest DB. All of the bandaids on this code are irrelevant until these ratings get sorted out and we can see what the pass rush and coverage really look like.

By setherick
10/01/2018 8:29 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

The speed ratings in this game smack of gross incompetence. It should not be easier to find a lineman with speed above 80 than a DB. The fastest lineman should be slower than the slowest DB. All of the bandaids on this code are irrelevant until these ratings get sorted out and we can see what the pass rush and coverage really look like.

What annoys me the most about it is that many of the best owners on MFN do nothing but draft Speed players regardless of players' skill.

By Infinity on Trial
10/01/2018 8:31 pm
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

What annoys me the most about it is that many of the best owners on MFN do nothing but draft Speed players regardless of players' skill.

Easiest way to win. If speed were normalized, skill would be supreme.

By CrazyRazor
10/01/2018 9:02 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Easiest way to win. If speed were normalized, skill would be supreme.

Anyone know the speed measurements JDB uses? Idk what the slowest player is clocked at in the NFL, but the fastest is like 4.21 in a 40-yd dash. It would be nice if the spectrum of 0-100 was reflected by the spectrum in the NFL.
Last edited at 10/01/2018 9:02 pm

By setherick
10/01/2018 10:01 pm
No, it's based on game physics, but those physics need adjusted. I suggested using a scale where 100 SP was equal to a 4.2 40 yard dash and then each point was worth 0.01 seconds of that time at one point.