NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League Help Forum

RB Playing time

By Wolfpack
5/13/2014 8:23 pm
So this season, I've been getting some different results with running plays. My 2nd string RB is getting a lot more carries this year and the 3rd string is as well. Even my FB (4th RB) is getting carries. It seems as if the 3rd /4th RB get the bulk of the carries in the 2nd half.

Not sure what changed?

Re: RB Playing time

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/13/2014 8:47 pm
Wolfpack wrote:
So this season, I've been getting some different results with running plays. My 2nd string RB is getting a lot more carries this year and the 3rd string is as well. Even my FB (4th RB) is getting carries. It seems as if the 3rd /4th RB get the bulk of the carries in the 2nd half.

Not sure what changed?

In working to reduce the rushing yardage totals, I noticed that the carry counts for the #1 RB's were way too high, with 300 rushes per season being an anomaly, which is less than 19 rushes per game. In 2013, only 2 NFL players had more than 300 rushes. 2012 had only 5. In MFN-1, we had 11 in 2016. To try to combat this, I've adjusted the fatigue to start pushing those counts toward 20, which should result in the lower tiered guys getting more carries if you do a lot of running.

Being the beta league, I'd love to hear any discussion on how you feel this impacts the gameplay.

By Wolfpack
5/14/2014 12:07 am
For feedback: I think its a little too far the other way now, I know I don't want my 3rd and 4th RB to play most of the 2nd half. In my last game, my starting RB had 1 carry after half time and I had the lead the whole time. No way should the 3rd/4th string guys be seeing a carry if the top 2 guys are healthy.

By Wolfpack
5/14/2014 12:10 am
Additionally; basing fatigue off of carries is a little off. Running totals are down across the league but go back and look at mid 90's or 80's stuff. I don't think the 3rd string guy should see the field unless its an injury.

5/14/2014 6:40 am
I investigated your logs and your starting RB was definitely sitting way earlier than he should. I think you have exposed a bug - let me make an adjustment and see if you have better results in tomorrow's sim.

By Wolfpack
5/14/2014 12:48 pm
Thanks for looking into this.

5/15/2014 6:52 am
I'm making another tweak to this for the next game, I think it's still a little aggressive.

By Wolfpack
5/15/2014 9:07 am
That was an improvement at least. My 1st RB had 20 carries and the 2nd RB had 13. Not quite the spilt I'd want but at least no carries for the 3rd & 4th RB.

5/17/2014 8:37 am
A quick look at today's sims seems to imply that this is actually looking pretty good. I'm going to leave the logic here for a while and continue to monitor it.

By Davesgang
5/17/2014 6:02 pm
Cincy had some odd results in mfn-2. Setting was at eleven I believe. Lots of TE and wr getting carries.