NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Intelligence

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/26/2018 8:15 am
For probably 75% of the decisions there is at least a small measure of influence from intelligence. There are only a few places right now that it is specifically called upon, but I agree with you guys that I would like to extend its impact.

By setherick
11/25/2018 10:01 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
For probably 75% of the decisions there is at least a small measure of influence from intelligence. There are only a few places right now that it is specifically called upon, but I agree with you guys that I would like to extend its impact.

Does Intelligence determine when a DB will jump a ball? I've noticed that more intelligent defenders do a better job at this, but I'm not sure if this is purely anecdotal or not, so I haven't been suggesting it.

Or is it play knowledge (INT younger cousin)?
Last edited at 11/25/2018 10:02 am

By raymattison21
11/25/2018 10:24 am
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Does Intelligence determine when a DB will jump a ball? I've noticed that more intelligent defenders do a better job at this, but I'm not sure if this is purely anecdotal or not, so I haven't been suggesting it.

Or is it play knowledge (INT younger cousin)?

[by jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/17/2017 2:18 pm
kicker10bog wrote:
Shouldn't that be controlled by the coverage attributes mainly? Those might just indicate how well they stick to their man or play the zone and have no effect on knockdowns other than making sure they are in a position to make the knockdown though.

JDB wrote
Yes, that's essentially how it works now - there is no 'knock-down' attribute, only attributes that place the player in a position to execute a knock down. Another attribute to consider is 'punish receiver' which works against the receiver's courage attribute to knock the ball out as he is catching it.
Liked by CoachDumphool123, kicker10bog
Edit Mark Unread Quote Reply
Re: Pass Knock Down Attribute added to Search

By raymattison21
3/17/2017 11:52 pm
Whether the defender decides to try to knock it down is dictated by experience. He will either decide to "make a play " or not.

Combine that with his actual ratings and you will get an outcome.

Young guys might go for an interception and miss while the vets will sit back and just knock it down.

Both play in to the favor of the vet, but do you want a knock down or an interception? I guess it depends on the situation, but in general the vet will pick it off more, and the young guy will knock it down.

When the QB is under pressure those numbers go through the roof[/b]

For my weights qb has the most then wr and dB . I wish I could find the thread where JDB said experience is the main driver in the knockdown int senerios . Perhaps he could chime in, but I would like the logic revised . Especially since coverage is tight and knockdowns are so low.

By setherick
11/25/2018 10:41 am
When experience is used in your post, did it mean position experience or play experience?

By raymattison21
11/25/2018 12:15 pm
setherick wrote:
When experience is used in your post, did it mean position experience or play experience?

That's why I wish I could find the original post. As in my memory , my questions were similar due to the vagueness . Still , two similar dbs with equal years in the league might have vastly different play experience(due to scheme) the edge would go the the smarter one as he will learn plays and position faster.

Reading in between the line of jdbs post ended up with my rendition . Accurate maybe not, but I think we are looking for the same answer. I go with all three(years in league, positional experience @ about 80% and familiarity on both ends) to make picks and knockdowns

All that said rookies still can have monster years at almost any position , but most the time to become IMO "playmakers".

By setherick
11/25/2018 12:17 pm
If you can find the original posts, send them my way. I'm going to start a master thread in Rivals to track the things we know what X attribute is used for.

By raymattison21
11/25/2018 12:21 pm
setherick wrote:
If you can find the original posts, send them my way. I'm going to start a master thread in Rivals to track the things we know what X attribute is used for.

The game needs it so bad.